Buck Knife Warranty

Has anyone used the Buck Knife Lifetime Warranty, what was your experience?

I have a 15 yr old fixed blade Buck Vanguard that’s starting to have some play and the blade will wiggle very slightly within the handle. Hoping that’s something they would repair/replace under warranty.

I had a sheath fall apart after a year or two. Was told it’s not covered under warranty but they sent me a new one anyways so that was great. On the other had I had a custom knife made for my dad with an engraving on it. After 6 months the scales fell off and he sent it in. Got a different knife back without the engraving. Would have been nice to get the original back even if it wasn’t fixable. He wasn’t told anything other than that they would “look for it” when he called about it.

Wrench

WKR
I walked into the post falls store where they make the knives. I had a 110 titanium with broken tip. 15 minutes later....new blade, no charge.

OP
El_Duderino
Thanks Y’all. I’ll send it out and give an update in 6-8 weeks.

I walked into the post falls store where they make the knives. I had a 110 titanium with broken tip. 15 minutes later....new blade, no charge.
Same.....I walked in asking about engraving for an Xmas gift for my son. Broad walked the knife out to the floor and handed it back to me in 10 minutes. They really go above and beyond in person.

Was in there a few weeks ago. They now customize and build a few while you wait in the gift shop.

I'm a huge knife snob. But they are "local" and I've come full circle into seeing a use for softer steer that is super simple to resharpen.

mi650

WKR
Probably 25 years ago, my wife dropped her Buck at work 1 day, floral designer, and the blade snapped in 2. Within 10 days, a new knife was in our mailbox.

She went thru a bunch of knives in 30 years as a designer and gave me her hand-me-downs. I'm still using that Buck on deer.

COelk89

FNG
Washed a buck knife in the laundry on accident one time. It opened and broke the tip. Sent in and new knife no issues.