Browning Xbolt Speed 2 vs Winchester Model 70 Extreme Tungsten?

Bowjack

FNG
I am looking for a new rifle. How does the new Xbolt Speed 2 compare to the Winchester Model 70 Extreme Tungsten?

I have no idea how the slingshot spread into the thread unless it was ccorrupted by trying to cut and paste.

Last edited:

NMJM

FNG
I had an X-Bolt Hells Canyon in 300 WM I could not get to group better than about 2.5 in at 100 yards. I ended up spending about as much on ammo as I did the rifle. I used factory ammo and hand loads. I sold it for a song.

The Guide

WKR
I am looking for a new slingshot How does the new Xbolt Speed 2 compare to the old stand by of a rubber band tied to two sticks It appears that some folks love their traditional rubber bands and others find the picky with ammo.
I suggest you bring a bag of charcoal with you to keep your stove warm while you sleep. You don't have to burn your forked stick and make a new slingshot everyday.

Jay

Jimmy

WKR
as a long time aficionado of the wrist rocket, I usually run a foldable model. Try to keep your pocket full of marbles, gravel, small pinecones, small potatoes, walnuts, whatever is in season locally. Keep working on your reloading. What animal could possible survive 4-5 blasts? If the ammo is small enough, load 3-4 at one time, aka shotgun style.

cjdewese

WKR
Does keeping a slingshot in your pack for that pesky barking squirrel count?

Never tried the flat bands but have heard good things about them.

Had a cousin (rest his soul!) who loved pushing the envelope.
He killed deer with a crossbow, rifle, shotgun and, as he called it, his "shotgun bow"! A .410 with an arrow down the bore.
Hey! His idea! NOT mine!
BUT.....
He got the "pellet rifle" crazies!
He hunted the Texas Hill Country. Butt loads of deer.
He finally had a small doe come within 7 steps. Her head was down eating corn from the feeder.
One .22 pellet from his pellet rifle through the brain pan and he collected his pellet rifle deer!

Why not a "slingshot" if you can find one that has sufficient power?

intunegp

WKR
This thing can supposedly launch a 13mm ball bearing at 500FPS...that's 77 ft/lbs of kinetic energy, should be plenty.

1727971819046.jpeg

CorbLand

WKR
Had a mentally handicap kid in the small town I grew up in. He claimed he once shot and killed an elk with a marshmallow gun and when they eat the elk, it tasted like marshmallows.

Last edited: