Browning X Bolt Max Long Range AICS

onlybrowning

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone happen to know if you can swap the bottom metal on the Browning X Bolt Max Long Range rifles with the rotary mags to the Target Max bottom metal that accepts AICS mags?

I have confirmation from Browning the stocks are the same if you purchase a bare replacement, so my assumption is “yes.” However, if for some reason the bottom of the action is different, it might be a “no.” Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
onlybrowning

onlybrowning

Lil-Rokslider
Well, after some searching here, and speaking with a person at Browning, it sounds like there is no current way to put AICS bottom metal on an X Bolt that hasn't been specifically machined for it. If anyone has any other relevant information, please do chime in.

Darryle

WKR
Classified Approved
Alberta Tactical and they will ship to the US

You can not simply add the Browning X-Bolt Target Max aics bottom metal, the receivers are machined differently and you also cannot go the other way and add the rotary magazine to the Target action rifles.

Browning X-Bolt AICS Bottom Metal

IMG_3817.jpeg

OP
onlybrowning

onlybrowning

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, thank you! Your post was the one I was referring to. Very informative, albeit disappointing in my case! Now... to decide if the next one will be 6.5CM, 6CM, or 6GT...