Browning new rifles including 7prc - how are the actions

When I buy used a-bolts and X-Bolts that have triggers or even springs swapped out, I put the factory triggers back in them.
I want all of them to feel the same.
That makes sense... But trigger techs are pretty nice.

KenLee

WKR
If I could bring myself to only use a couple rifle, I'd consider the change.
I'd never change the 35 yr old original a-bolt 270 that was my go to for 25 years. It still wears the original no model name Nikon 3-9x40 and gets some action every year. I can roll running animals with it like no other.

SloppyJ

WKR
Naah just got stomped by hard kicking A-5s and clones as a kid.
I also detest a Remington 700, but love 1100s.
I'm with you on the Remingtons. I have an 1100 from my grandpa that rocks and I don't care for the 700s either. But the A5 is just too cool of a gun with history a mile long.

Just bought an X bolt Hells Canyon speed in 7mmPRC. Had to wait to get scope mounts. Got them last night. Gonna go give it a try with the factory 175 grain ELDX in it this weekend. I really hope it shoots to the hype!

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to give an update on this thread... It looks like the X-Bolts in 7PRC are starting to hit the shelves. I ordered the X-Bolt Pro McMillan Long Range SPR in 7PRC (Model# 035584298) back in late April and it just came in yesterday. This model had everything I was looking for in a hunting rig; great stock, shorter heavier profile barrel for a suppressor, nice action, etc.

Truth be told I've got several X-Bolts, a nice dependable factory option in my opinion. Just wish there was greater aftermarket support for them. But again when I saw this model was available in 7prc I thought it was a nice compromise between sticking with what I know I like and going full custom when adding a new caliber to the safe.

I don't think you can go wrong with an X-Bolt.

For Reference:
View attachment 610252
Have you got ahold of your rifle yet, and if so, how does it shoot?

Went out this weekend to finalize some ballastics info with my hunting buddies and took a couple minutes to bore sight. Wasn’t putting a whole lot of time into this rifle (was focused on my ‘06), basically just want wanted to get it on paper and squeeze the trigger a couple of times.

I put a Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44 FFP on it, shot 180gr ELD-M to break it in. The Game Warden 2 stock is awesome, Tenmile is definitely my favorite optic these days, action is standard Xbolt smooth, trigger was registering 2.4-2.75lbs from the factory. Shot 6rounds using my a bore sight zero at 100yds from a bench. With out putting a lot of effort into shooting the group, just trying to squeeze off rounds between things real quick. So far I’m pretty impressed in the system.

Attachments

• IMG_2507.jpeg
    IMG_2507.jpeg
    375.9 KB · Views: 21
OP
dryfly101

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
Circling back around on this thread, I ended up not wanting to wait for the 7 prc chamberings and picked up a speed sr in 300 PRC earlier this year. I put a V4 on top and ultra7 in the front. It really likes the factory cx 190s.
I'm really happy with this gun and after exclusively archery hunting for the last 17 years, I was able to connect at further than I ever have.
I shot this bull at 100x my closest archery bull of 5 yards.
Many thanks to everyone who contributes on this forum. You certainly shortened my learning curve.
e1d3997f196ef52f88c490545eb95679.jpg

780485b2e05f09857739fd95a7d6eb8b.jpg

Last edited: