Broncos Player Kills Mountain Lion.

Crusader

WKR
Wow, that's a big cat. Based on some recommendations posted in the recent thread here about Best Mountain Man Books, I just finished reading "The Beast in the Garden" (yes, it was an excellent read) and this thread and pic gives me a little context on these animals.

Wonder if he will catch hell from the anti’s, peta ( that stands for People Eating Tender Animals) don’t let them fool you, just like they did Melissa Bachman when she killed an African lion with her bow. She killed it fair chase as they say.

That is probably the biggest cat I've ever seen, and that area is not that far from my house. We are over run with cats right now, and they are killing dogs and livestock consistently in the area. Good for him, dogs or no, that is an accomplishment. Beautiful animal, look at the size of it's paws!

prm

WKR
I’m sure dogs were used. But probably didn’t want to mention it as people get so fired up . People are all pissed off he killed it with a bow and didn’t go hand to hand. People are insane

Near Grant? My folks said there are a few in their neighborhood too.

def90

WKR
Derek-Wolfe-kills-mountain-lion.jpeg

Pretty sure they used dogs. I don't often listen to sports talk radio but I happened to be in my truck and Derek Wolfe's afternoon show with D-mac was on one day last week and he told the whole story. I think it had just happened that morning, or maybe the day before. As I remember him telling it they had to contact a landowner for permission which took a couple hours before they could let the dogs go on the track. Cat wound up being on public but where they cut the track crossing a road it was on private, then they came upon the mule deer kill (not sure if that was on public or private) then they went on to tree the cat some distance away. Looks like a damn big kitty. Much bigger than the one I saw on my mule deer carcass a couple months ago in northern CO.