Broncos Player Kills Mountain Lion.

It seems like details of this story may be missing so if anyone has a better report feel free to post. According to what's written he tracked and killed a mountain lion with his bow without dogs? If so he would have had to track it in fresh snow to within bow range. That would be extremely difficult. It also doesn't say where but I'm assuming the Front Range foothills somewhere.

It was a problem cat up by Grant. Derek's buddy is a guide that had been told about this cat and how it had attacked some dogs in the area and they went after it and were successful. It is a big tom seeing as how Derek is 6' 5".
Edit: they had found a fresh mule deer kill and were able to track the cat from there, no dogs involved.

Last edited:

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Surely this will ignite anti groups to further attack and win at predator management. For the love of all things living why can’t people kill predators quietly?

For the record I didn’t read any of the articles but seen it plastered everywhere this morning. Flame away on why we shouldn’t hide killing apex predators when it’s caused laws to be passed and will continue to do so…

It seems like details of this story may be missing so if anyone has a better report feel free to post. According to what's written he tracked and killed a mountain lion with his bow without dogs? If so he would have had to track it in fresh snow to within bow range. That would be extremely difficult. It also doesn't say where but I'm assuming the Front Range foothills somewhere.
It would be hard to get within bow range. If they aren't spooked, they can be fairly easy to catch up to if you can find fresh tracks or a kill. They move pretty slow and methodical .

Surely this will ignite anti groups to further attack and win at predator management. For the love of all things living why can’t people kill predators quietly?

For the record I didn’t read any of the articles but seen it plastered everywhere this morning. Flame away on why we shouldn’t hide killing apex predators when it’s caused laws to be passed and will continue to do so…
There is not much love for cats around the front range right now, even the hippies are all about hunting them since they are killing a lot of dogs and stalking horses and ponies. There was a dozen dogs killed or disappeared around Nederland since the end of November alone and a lot of other towns are dealing with the same thing.

There is not much love for cats around the front range right now, even the hippies are all about hunting them since they are killing a lot of dogs and stalking horses and ponies. There was a dozen dogs killed or disappeared around Nederland since the end of November alone and a lot of other towns are dealing with the same thing.
Wait till wolves they voted for show up.

Nice cat!

sram9102

WKR
Seems weird that Nestor didn't want to use his dogs. Haven't listened to him on a podcast in a while but chasing cats with hounds always seemed like his favorite hunt.

Seems weird that Nestor didn't want to use his dogs. Haven't listened to him on a podcast in a while but chasing cats with hounds always seemed like his favorite hunt
Everything I heard was second hand, but as far as I know there were no dogs, I may be wrong though.

Last edited:
OP
Nickofthewoods
If no dogs were involved, that's one heck of a feat in my opinion. Calling one in without dogs is one thing, but to track one down and hit it with an arrow can't be easy at all, even with perfect conditions. I wonder if they tracked it to where it was already up in a tree, that's the only way I could imagine that happening with decent odds.

If no dogs were involved, that's one heck of a feat in my opinion. Calling one in without dogs is one thing, but to track one down and hit it with an arrow can't be easy at all, even with perfect conditions. I wonder if they tracked it to where it was already up in a tree, that's the only way I could imagine that happening with decent odds.
Yeah, seems I'm off base with my comment about no dogs, but if they did pull that off it's one hell of a feat.