Broken stone glacier stay

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone ever broken a stay in a Krux evo or Cc urge frame? Took a bad fall on a steep scramble the other day with a loaded pack. Luckily the pack took the brunt of the impact but one of the carbon stays cracked. The pack still carried surprisingly well for the remainder of the trip but once unloaded there was a fair amount of torsional rigidity lost. Curious if I should bother contacting stone glacier or just cutting a 250 spine carbon shaft to length and replacing it. Same approximate diameter and actually seems stiffer than the other stays
989b8e0a106dc9f04aafed1b86786f66.jpg

79718411f4f0a6e6049dfc99356ee99e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
maxpetros

maxpetros

Lil-Rokslider
Posting an update. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, you were spot on. Reached out to them and asked to purchase a new stay (I was completely at fault) and they responded within 24 hours and had already sent out a full set free of charge. Phenomenal customer service!

Posting an update. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, you were spot on. Reached out to them and asked to purchase a new stay (I was completely at fault) and they responded within 24 hours and had already sent out a full set free of charge. Phenomenal customer service!

Excellent! Always like reading that type of feedback from companies with good products… makes it pretty easy to buy their stuff