Bringing Leukotape

Guys that being leukotape to the field, how do you bring it? I have a roll with way more than I need. Can I tear off a foot or two and roll it back up on itself without it losing stickiness? Is there a better way? The whole roll isn't THAT heavy but it is bulky and my first aid pullout is relatively full already.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Anozira

WKR
I normally keep it in my first aid kit but depending on how full my pack is, it can take a minute to dig it out. My buddy rolled some onto each of his trekking poles beneath the handle which I thought was smart. Any time he needed to apply some it was right there without digging for it.

Tod osier

WKR
Guys that being leukotape to the field, how do you bring it? I have a roll with way more than I need. Can I tear off a foot or two and roll it back up on itself without it losing stickiness? Is there a better way? The whole roll isn't THAT heavy but it is bulky and my first aid pullout is relatively full already.

It does go bad, so if you carry a roll or wrap it on something, make sure you check it. We did a trip this summer and had a roll that the adhesive had crapped out (adhesive coming off and sticking to top of the layer below it). This was a virgin roll, but pretty old and had seen a lot of hard miles over the past several years.

Last edited:
I wrap some around a plastic tube. Actually the body of a cheap ball point pen and then cut off the extra length.

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider

I use this: https://www.rescue-essentials.com/kt-tape-pro-pre-cut-20-strip-synthetic-black-or-stealth-beige/ and just tear off two or three sections, roll them up and rubber band around the sections. This goes in the first aid kit. Works well.

dla

WKR
I'd likely get rid of some other stuff to make room for the tape. The stuff is multi-use and is about the only thing that will stick to skin. I'd leave the duck tape at home.

JohnnyB

WKR
I have several wraps around my trekking poles, my lighters, water bottle and rifle buttstock. Seems like it gets used almost every trip for something.

hikenhunt

WKR
I wrap my trekking poles and haven't had issues, but its exposed to the elements so I replace it often.