Bozeman Rental 1Hour Radius

Carr5vols

WKR
My son hss a job offer in bozeman area, anyone have a lead on a rental within an hour of there thats cheaper than the crazy rates in bozeman. He dont need anything nice just a place to shower and sleep.

def90

WKR
1 hour seems a long way, he’s going to have more than a few miserable drives in to work in the winters. Gas prices may negate any savings in rent as well depending on what he is driving.

mrolen

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck housing is crazy expect around 2k in rent if you can find something. Three forks or Livingston is your closest option with guaranteed bad driving conditions in the winter and I doubt you will save much if any renting there as opposed to Bozeman.

Tbunao

FNG
His best bet is to look for a roommate or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt Al

WKR
I have tried to talk to him but you know it is convincing 21 year old superman to listen to his dad.

I currently have and have had quite a few employees who live in Livingston and work in Bozeman. When you count the number of days the pass is closed or really dumb to drive, it's 'enough' but usually not too many days for most jobs. I know he's 21 and will be in a new job, but will be worth talking to the boss to find out expectations when the weather is too bad to drive. Also, hope he has a very good AWD car or solid 4x4.

West Paw Design used to be in Livingston, moved to East Frontage Road in Bozo about 20 years ago. They kept a majority of their Livingston-based employees and were surprised how little of a deal closing the pass was - overall. The leadership are great people and allowed staff to make up the time or opened a Saturday or two or allowed them to take vacation time. Hope his boss accommodates.

Yes, it was -49F here a few days ago, but winters in Montana are so overblown it's getting embarrassing. People from the upper midwest laugh at our winters.

When I was young and dumb, am now older and still dumb, when the pass was closed I'd chain up and drive Bridger Canyon to Jackson Creek and then the Frontage road to Livingston, or even Bridger Canyon to Clyde Park and down to Livingston.

In the early 70s I lived in Townsend and drove to Bozeman. It wasn't bad. After the divorce I lived at 4-corners. It was interesting.

hunterjmj

WKR
If he's driven and really wants to live there then he'll find a way as there is money to made. We moved from Bozeman over a year ago and I don't miss it. It just feels like a big city now and I don't miss the traffic. I don't miss the property tax either. The county treats property owners like an atm machine.

Jon Boy

WKR
I drive from Livingston to bozeman everyday. It ain't that bad. Tell him to take his time and he'll be just fine. Id take the drive over living in bzn any day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Carr5vols

Carr5vols

WKR
Update all. He really enjoys living in the area and is settling in good. He is looking for weekend farm/ranch hand, packing, any other weekend work like that if anyone knows of any.

hunterjmj

WKR
Lots of potato farmers around Manhattan/Churchill. He could probably knock on doors and get seasonal/temp work during planting and harvesting.