Bowtech SS 34

Seen so much online about this bow that it's got my head spinning. Everything I've seen says this bow is phenomenal. But a lot of that is sometimes just people who are sponsored. Planning to get to my local shop to shoot one but would love to hear real shooter experiences. I currently have an RX7 Ultra and a Prime Revex 4 and shoot them both because of how smooth they are, and I love a bow in that size. Being a bonafide gear ho, I could probably find plenty of space for another bow as well.
Seen a lot about how they are "no speed demon" but that doesn't really matter to me. Speed is important, but far below shootability to me.

So, would love to hear thoughts good or bad from folks who have owned or currently own one.

Thanks.

Dejhavu

FNG
Shooting my SS34 extremely well and I highly recommend it. So far my strings have been holding up great with very minimal wear and I have I’m going to guess 600 shots on it now (that’s on the conservative side). These are strings that I made but I never shoot stock strings. Seems lots are having serving separation problems on stock strings and some are being cut. If you do buy it I’d definitely order a set of customs and you’ll probably have a new favorite bow.

cuttingedge

Lil-Rokslider
It is a great shooting bow. I agree with Djhavu that you will want better strings. It's just a shame the bow costs that much and you have to add the cost of better strings to it.

JStol5

WKR
I picked one up yesterday. Got 70lb limbs, it's maxing at 73 pounds. Shooting roughly 270 FPS with a 496 grain arrow at 28.5 inch of draw on Performance mods. I thought hard about waiting and getting the SX80 but I figured 73 would get the job done and be more comfortable for 3D and hunting both.

Coming from a V3 I'm really excited for this bow. The grip, draw cycle, and back wall are stellar. I can't wait to get it out on the range.

Yooper

WKR
What do you hope it will do better than your RX7 U? I shot the SS34 at my local shop. Great draw cycle, no complaints at all really. But I, too, already have the RX7 U and I definitely didn't find a reason to buy the SS34.

OP
E
What do you hope it will do better than your RX7 U? I shot the SS34 at my local shop. Great draw cycle, no complaints at all really. But I, too, already have the RX7 U and I definitely didn't find a reason to buy the SS34.
I'm not hoping it will do anything better per se. But I love having multiple bows and am not committed to any brand. I shot it today at my shop and it is fantastic. Is it better? Probably not. But it feels just as good so I ordered one. I find myself buying bows pretty frequently when I find something that speaks to me. I went in to check out the PSE Carbon bow they came out with but hated it. Something about this SS34 made me feel it needed a place next to the others.

OP
E
It is a great shooting bow. I agree with Djhavu that you will want better strings. It's just a shame the bow costs that much and you have to add the cost of better strings to it.
I ordered it today and had them get some ABB Platinums on the way too. Going to set it up with the same sight I have on my others; HHA Tetra Max with Ultraview three pin scope. It was a great shooting bow. Ordered it in Gray with black limbs.

JStol5

WKR
22DE9118-D552-4886-9872-84C6C47F01BF.jpegHas anyone had issues with the stock cables getting destroyed on the cams? I’ve had mine for less than a week, maybe 200 arrows, and the cables are shot. Really hoping it’s a stock string/cable issue and not a cam issue… don’t want to order an aftermarket set of strings just to have them torched.

It was my favorite out of the new Flagships I shot. RX7 Ultra was my second favorite.

The SS34 was very smooth, balanced well, and rock solid at full draw.