Bow press

I am contemplating buying a ez green standard press,i live 30 minutes from shops and for the last 20 years I usually get home and im not happy with what ever work i had done.I only need a few times a year but plan on bow hunting at least 20 more years.I still use a switchback xt and dont plan on getting rid of it.I may switch to a newer bow in a few years and wondering if this is still the best press option.

I have an ez green, it's a good press. to do over again, I might go for one that can also do cross-bows, since it's likely that my kids will be using crossbows before vertical bows. Otherwise, no complaints.

DooleyVT

Lil-Rokslider
I don't use mine very often but the piece of mind having it at home when I do need it is fantastic. Money well spent to make sure my equipment is always on.

Everyone in here is correct. I wish I had bought mine sooner. Being able to make tweaks to my bow in my basement at the drop of a hat is worth it's weight in gold. Just do it. Don't even think about it.

$382.50 (pre-tax) with free shipping at Black Ovis using ROKSLIDE10 discount code. Make an account before you order and you'll earn some reward points for future purchases.
If you can stack it Active Junky has 5% cash back as well- so you’d get points, 5% cash back, and 10% off.

RAPTOR

WKR
Everyone in here is correct. I wish I had bought mine sooner. Being able to make tweaks to my bow in my basement at the drop of a hat is worth it's weight in gold. Just do it. Don't even think about it.
This x1000. Peep just a little bit off? Put a half twist in. No longer a slave to busy pro shops this time of year. Do yourself a favor and order the draw board as well - makes life easy.

Shadowcaster

Lil-Rokslider
I got a bow-a-constrictor press used from craigslist. I'll like it better once I get the drawboard attachment, but the ez-green is simpler and quicker to use until you're doing cam timing etc. No matter what you go with, you'll wish you got a press years (probably decades) ago.

Agree with RAPTOR buy the draw board attachment as well and the wheel assembly to ditch the black hand crank. Without a doubt best purchase I have made for archery. I mounted mine on a rolling tool box I bought at Harbor Freight, it works great.

Rust.E

FNG
i have had the same problems when getting into archery, the socal bow shops are terrible and the customer service is even worse. they always jacked up my tune. at this point, i knew i had to do everything on my own.

I bought a used EZ green and its simple to set up and use. the components are heavy duty and the accessories like the draw board attachment makes it nice to set up bows. i think they are the best bang for the buck. not many moving parts to go wrong.

once i had the press, it was easy to make adjustments and set up bows.

I went through what Rust.E is saying in SoCal for about 12 years before buying my press. Much easier to rely on your own tools and ability than to drive in traffic and hope it gets done right the first time.