Boundary waters, winter, camping/fishing trip

Lawnboi

WKR
Anyone interested in doing a trip to the boundary waters this winter for some ice fishing and winter camping. Looking to take a couple extended weekend trips out to a few lakes to catch some walleye, pike and if I'm really ambitious lake trout.

I know this forum is mostly western guys but I know there are quite a few guys in the Midwest area on here as well.

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv got a few lakes id like to try, not sure on the entry points.

If I get a bunch of interest ill probably go scout the area out solo for a weekend and see what the fishing is like there. Not a lot of people up to doing some serious winter camping around me so I figured id ask on here.

Done it twice in the summer, winter would be awesome! I hope you find some folks to take you up on this, an amazing place!

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Nobody wants to freeze their ass off on the ice?

Come January I'll have a new oval stove for the 6man tipi, maybe enough to entice somebody to come

Rbelt280

FNG
How are you traveling in? Skis? Snowshoes? Dog sled? Could you imagine being up there these last few days? Chilly!

colonel00

WKR
Sounds like a fun trip but we just booked a fish house over off of Lake of the Woods.

Goober

Lil-Rokslider
Did you end up going to the BW this winter? Always wanted to try it in the winter. I'd be interested to hear about it if you did it. Where in Wisco are you? I'm moving from Eau Claire to Marshfield area soon.