Boot Recommendation for high arch + plantar fasciitis

slimC

FNG
Looking for an elk hunting boot recommendation to accommodate my high arched foot + plantar fasciitis issues.
Over time I have realized that very flat flexible soled shoes with thin insole are horrible for my feet. For example: a pair of VANS or even flip flops (flat).
I will run an aftermarket insole in the boot or my custom orthotic insole which goes on top of a normal insole.

Yes I know about stretching/icing/strengthening my calfs/achilles/feet..etc. I currently do this. Just looking for a boot recommendation.

Chuckybmd

WKR
I have a similar problem. I feel like it’s hit or miss with different boot companies. My Kennetrek mountain extremes seem to have a high enough arch that they just naturally work. I also had a pair of Zamberlin lynx boots that worked well for that.

I have the same issue and have very high arches. I have moved to a little stiffer shanked boot but I. also use inserts. I like Berkenstock inserts the most for every day use and I have been likeing tread labs for hiking. I have some sheepfeet, but They werent amazing for me. My Berkenstocks are the best but they are just a half insert.

jazz3ring

WKR
I would second trying Kenetrek Mountain Extremes. When I put on Mountain Extremes with their factory insoles, it feels like there is a golf ball under each of my arches. The M.E. is definitely a stiffer boot and I think it would be a potential option for high arches.

young7.3

WKR
I have very high arches myself (no pf) and Hanwag boots fit me excellent. Having said that, I have had terrible luck with their boots toe box shrinking after getting wet. The rubber rand above the toe ends up curling down and eliminating vertical room in the toe box. I am also in the market for a different boot.