Boot Outfitter

dj1975232

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking to step up to a nice pair of heavy hiking/hunting boots. but I don't know physically where to start. In in DE and would like to put my feet in a couple before I purchase. Local to me I'm not aware of anything better than a Cabelas and their selection is lacking. I have been looking at Lowa, Crispi, Kenetrek, etc. Anyone know of any outfitter in the mid east coast that I can put feet in some before I make a decision. I don't mind driving a bit.

OP
D

dj1975232

Lil-Rokslider
Ok so if that’s not available how do most you you guys do it? Do you just take a shot at what you think you’ll like, order, and then return if they’re not suited to your feet?

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
Ok so if that’s not available how do most you you guys do it? Do you just take a shot at what you think you’ll like, order, and then return if they’re not suited to your feet?
I think this is the only real approach in the east. Is there an REI anywhere near you? That might have a couple of pairs of scarpa or la sportiva to check out.

Wworker

FNG
Lancaster Archery Supply sells Kenetrek boots. Depending on where you are in DE it may not be too far for you.

Black ovis use code Rokslide10 but I don't think the code works if they are already on sale.

Order several pairs at once.
They offer 30 returns if as new, and a $7 returns label.
Put garbage bags over them and wear them a little to check fit.

EdP

WKR
The explosion in product offerings has made it impossible for brick and mortor stores to keep an inventory that can compete with online sales. With something like boots that need to fit an individual, it puts a lot of us in the mode of mail order and rtn until we find what works for us. So, here are a couple of considerations regarding mail ordering boots in case you go that way:

When I ordered Crispi boots I had to pay to ship them to me but paid at their corporate rate which is much lower than your individual rate, plus they came with a return shipping label. Kudus to Crispi. Other mfgs will ship free but you will pay tripple their ship rate for rtn shipping if they don't fit.

Anything you buy through Amazon will rtn ship free and if you have Prime will ship free to you also.

Sportsman's Warehouse carries some of the better brands.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman