Boot like lapponia

I am looking for a boot with the same fit as the crispi lapponia. That boot fits my foot perfect. Narrower heel with a slightly roomier toe box and medium to narrow midsection. Would like to have roughly a 4 flex though with a bit more ankle support. Doesn’t have to be as light, probably can’t be with the features i am looking for. The kicker is it has to be available in a 12.5 which most companies don’t make. Looking for advise from people who have and like the fit of the lapponia and have found something in a bit tougher boot that fits the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S
I actually did contact blackovis and they said Thor. Not sure if that has the ankle support I would like however. I did bring up the briksdal but they said it is a fair bit narrower but I may try it as it still may work. I also thought of contacting gohunt, I like that company also, just wasn’t sure if they would be versed in crispi boots. I will give them a shout. Thanks for the replies

I actually did contact blackovis and they said Thor. Not sure if that has the ankle support I would like however. I did bring up the briksdal but they said it is a fair bit narrower but I may try it as it still may work. I also thought of contacting gohunt, I like that company also, just wasn’t sure if they would be versed in crispi boots. I will give them a shout. Thanks for the replies

Go hunt carried Crispi for awhile.

I think the thor has the ankle bone support system but yeah I don't think they offer all that much support.

Of you try the birksdal and are on the fence of sizes order a half size up.
When I tried them the toe is kinda of pointy so you may need more room for the pinky.

I haven't ran the lappoinia but I have very lean feet, think skin stretched over bone.

Narrow heels and a reg fore foot.

For a lighter boot I am running the Salwea Repace and absolutely love them. But id call them a 3 flex
For a tall boot zamberlan 980 outfitter. The right boot could use a little more pinky room but they are ok with my heels so I live w it.
Id call them maybe a 4 flex at best. Probably a 3.5

I wanted stiffer boots but they cause alot of heel issues for me.

In regards to the THOR II I just got a pair of these recently. Super comfortable boot right out of the box and based on your 1st post our feet must be similar so I would agree they should work. But I have noticed that they don't have the greatest ankle support. A few months ago I had to update boots and based on another thread I went with the Asolo Europe Hunter boot. Pretty sure you would like the fit of this one but I'm not sure that make it in your size?? Fantastic boot with the right flex and great ankle support and for an all leather boot not uber heavy.

OP
S
In regards to the THOR II I just got a pair of these recently. Super comfortable boot right out of the box and based on your 1st post our feet must be similar so I would agree they should work. But I have noticed that they don't have the greatest ankle support. A few months ago I had to update boots and based on another thread I went with the Asolo Europe Hunter boot. Pretty sure you would like the fit of this one but I'm not sure that make it in your size?? Fantastic boot with the right flex and great ankle support and for an all leather boot not uber heavy.

Thanks, looks like another one to try out if I can find size that works. Did they run true to size?

TX_Diver

WKR
Zamberlan 1110 Baltoro Lite may be worth trying too. Extremely light, decently stiff (still technically a 3 per gohunt) and (in my opinion) a narrower heel/midsection while still having a reasonable toebox.

I haven't tried the Briskdals but they are a 4 flex I think. I like the crispi colorado as well.

OP
S
Zamberlan 1110 Baltoro Lite may be worth trying too. Extremely light, decently stiff (still technically a 3 per gohunt) and (in my opinion) a narrower heel/midsection while still having a reasonable toebox.

I haven't tried the Briskdals but they are a 4 flex I think. I like the crispi colorado as well.

Thanks, I will take a look at those also!

OP
S
Also, I have a pair of kenetrek mountain extremes now in a 12 and really wish they would make in a 12.5. I have put a lot of miles on them, especially with more technical terrain, but this last year I hiked into a pretty nasty place every day and by day 5 the balls of my feet were getting beat up as well as a little on my heel. If the toe bow was a bit more roomy and the heel a bit tighter, that type of boot would work also. I really like the flex and support they provide. My feet must be changing as I get older because they never used to bother me.

The zamberlan trail lite evo is a really good light boot and all leather. The fit is what you desire also, the crispi summits are another good option if you don’t mind some synthetic panels

TheHammer

WKR
Listened to gritty with Lampers discussing their alaskan gear list. They went in great depth about crispi boots. The different grades of leather and the new boot they offer that is supposed to be better than the lapponia, more durable sole, same leather type. The Briksdale I believe they stated. I have tried a few crispis, not for my feet, the kenetreks seem to be the best boot for me!

Paladin

Elk Masher Wannabe
The Thor II is a bit narrower in the toe box than the Lapponia II and, as others have said above, the Thor does not have the ankle support that the Lapponia does. The Thors are my everyday wear boots, and I mean every day, I'm on my 3rd pair. It takes a while to stretch out the toe box to suit my foot but for me they end up being very comfortable for general duty. The Lapponia have seemed more comfortable straight out of the box so you might allow for some break in time on the Thors before you like (or dislike) them.

OP
S
I contacted gohunt and they were very helpful. Don’t know if any will work but I ordered all of the boots they recommend. This is the list of boots he said to try.

A few boots I would look at would be the Selawa Rapace as number one and then Hanwag Alaska and Ancash. Lowa Tibets, and Zamberlan Baltoro lite

The Ancash is wider and also wider in the heal. I had it and it seems I have a similar foot as you. It felt good at first but loosened up too much so I got rid of it. I’m going to guess that one won’t work too well for you. I have the Alaska now, and am currently trying to decide between a 10.5 and an 11, but leaning toward a 10.5 as long as the toe area loosens up some. I also have the Alverstone in a 10.5 wide and an 11 wide coming in. I like that boot so I’m planning ok keeping one of those

Man I just tried the Baltro Lite's and they are sweet boots but I think my foot is to narrow and not enough volume. I really wanted to keep this boot as it seems like a extremely qualaity product, but I think there is to much room for my foot. I even tried a size down and my toes were to tight. If you have a narrow, low volume foot this is not the boot for you.

Jimss

WKR
Briksdales are 4 lbs, Lapponia's 2.4 lbs, and Thors 2.5 lbs.

Thors are my rock star boots! I climb steep rocky hills just about every day at work and they provide plenty of ankle support for me. It sounds like your particular ankles require a little more support? My feet require a wide toe box and I would say Thors are pretty decent.

The trade-off for more ankle support is heavier weight and stiffer boot. I have no problem using Thors on steep dall sheep. mtn goat country, and elk terrain. Having less weight and stiffness is a definite plus if you want to cover lots and lots of miles. I've packed a gob of critters out of steep and nasty places and personally don't need super stiff and tall boots. I also have several other pairs of Crispis and Thors are about the best I've found for my particular feet, ankles, and needs.

If you want a taller boot with a gob more ankle support that are super comfortable maybe try Lowa Tibets in wide. The only time I wear mine are in super deep snow because they are about the weight of Brikskals and taller to prevent snow from getting in my boots without gators. I hate heavy boots...but if you need extra ankle support you are likely going to be stuck with heavier boots.

Firehawk

WKR
The Crispi Colorado might be a good option. I find them great in the heel, fairly spacious in the forefoot, and incorporates the Ankle Bone Support System. Maybe you will find that they are your "go-to" boot like I did.

OP
S
Just an update, I contacted gohunt and the one they recommended first to me was selawa repace. I ordered 5 pairs they recommended and I kept the selawa. They fit me about perfect. Have only gone on a couple short hikes but once it get warmer out I will do more testing.