Boot Help - Big Feet

cured_ham

WKR
I have very narrow heels and a moderately wide forefoot. I am currently using Makra Combi 14s but they are a little short and I likely need to size up. A 15 or 49/49.5 in EU sizing fits damn near perfect if the heel is tight enough. My heels have been shredded by just about everything I have tried (Schnee's, Zamberlan, and Crispi)

Anyone know of a boot that runs giant and has a little extra toe box room but can really lock down a heel?

I would talk to the guys over at Lathrop and Sons. Not cheap but they will tale care of you. Before I bought my pair, I spent about 45 mins on the phone with one of the owners. I have size 14 wide feet.

I have very narrow heels and a moderately wide forefoot. I am currently using Makra Combi 14s but they are a little short and I likely need to size up. A 15 or 49/49.5 in EU sizing fits damn near perfect if the heel is tight enough. My heels have been shredded by just about everything I have tried (Schnee's, Zamberlan, and Crispi)

Anyone know of a boot that runs giant and has a little extra toe box room but can really lock down a heel?

You shouldn’t lock down the heel, let it slide a little up and down but not a sharp slip.

I wear 15s. Went the full Lathrop custom route. Absolutely not worth it. I need to call James because they are anything but waterproof with under 150 miles on them, hurt my feet especially the balls of my big toes, and cost so much it’s hard to buy another pair of boots that works.

Salomon quest 4D is great but only come in 14. If I wear thin socks and tie them looser they work pretty well for all but extreme terrain.

Hoffman is my next stop
Schnees Beartooth 2022 model has a narrow toe compared to 14W Beartooth mid from 2018 ish.
Kenetrek shred narrow heels
Crispi are notoriously narrow and don’t come in 15

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
I had been looking at the Lathrop & Sons kit. I have Sheepfeet though and would not want to lose those. They have been an absolute life saver for my knees and ankles.

Right now I may have found some Scarpa's in a 50

Extrapale

WKR
Kenetrek narrow is the only option I have found for15 narrow mt boots.

Lowa renegade has 15 narrow if you can find them. Not a very stiff boot though.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
I be require wide toe box and have great luck with crispis in wide. I’m curious which crispis you had problems with? I think some crispi models are a little narrower.

OP
C

cured_ham

WKR
The Crispis were just too small. The Briksdals fit amazing but toes hit the end of the boot. I am going to give the 15 Nevadas another try but they are a higher volume boot.

The ones I had for a few days on a hunt were the Lapponias (only ones I could find on short notice) and it just wasn't enough boot. It caused some blisters to reopen but I doubt it would've been stiff enough to cause much damage.