Boot fit issues. Need suggestions

maverick351

Lil-Rokslider
So finally convinced the wife to buy a new pair of boots from the cheaper Cabela's boots that she is worn before. She is now in Crispi Nevada's. We're having a problem that no matter what boots she has tried she starts getting a hotspot on the top knuckles of her big toe. Does not matter what boots we try. I'm just started reading into different methods of lacing up boots to make them fit differently. Are there any suggestions on something that may help with that issue or anything else anybody would suggest?

TBass

FNG
You can try things like wearing a liner sock under your regular socks… so the friction occurs between your outer sock and the liner… or putting on some moleskin as a proactive measure.

but ultimately the best solution is as “wildwilderness” suggested.

2-Stix

WKR
I have sheep feet. Not much different than superfeet, save the 150 bucks. I have had decades of issues with feet. I found I have to lace certain areas on a certain foot differently. I have to play with the volume of the insoles between the blue and green superfeet. I play with the sock volume. I add baby powder because of how much my feet sweat. And where I get a hot spot I had a small piece of moleskin covered in 2-3 layers of Luko tape that will last 2-3 days. The insoles, socks and luko make it all work for me. I tried liners, they didn't work for me. Every boot is different also how I set it up. Wildrocks I run heavy socks, and thin insoles. Nevadas, a medium sock, thick insoles, laponnia I run thin socks and thin insoles. Play with it all. But if she is getting it on the toe, I would run Lukotape and some moleskin. This is just my system that works for me. My feet are cold, or hot and sweaty. Not much inbetween...and soft as a babys butt. Terrible combo I have to constantly watch on hunts.

Last edited:

TBass

FNG
Lukotape is awesome.

another great option is to go to a podiatrist. I too have foot issues and my podiatrist addressed some underlying issues and then actually made some custom inserts that have my boots fitting to the point my legs will give out before a ever get a blister