Boot Companies

scwilso35

FNG
I've been looking for a pair of boots for this hunting season. I hunt the east coast for everything from small game in September to spring gobblers in May. I think I've decided that a well-built uninsulated hiking boot would cover most situations I hunt in. I've looked into several brands, including Kenetrek, Crispi, Meindl, Hoffman, Schnee's, Zamberlan, and White's after reading a lot of reccomendations through Rokslide threads.I have a few models I am considering. I've basically found the boot I'm interested in on each one of these comapany's website. I've determined that I may need to try on multiple boots somehow, also.

I know there is a lot of boot talk on this forum, but, if folks are willing to share, I'm interested in reading some experiences on how good the customer service is at some of these companies, including handling returns, exchanges, warranties, repairs, rebuilds, discounts, email responses, etc. I encourage PMs, especially for negative reviews.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
You can't go wrong with the Crispi Nevada Legend GTX uninsulated. I run Superfeet blues in them because I hated the Crispi insoles. They ran true to size for me.

yfarm

WKR
Type of terrain you hunt should guide your choice more than brand. If you are hunting flat or low hills with soil rather than rocks I would be more interested in a boot with good ground feel than a stiff soled boot designed for side hilling or steep ascents or descents. I hunt a lot of flat ground spot and stalk and my Lathrop Mountain Hunters are not my choice for that hunting. Given the cactus and other thorny brush all leather is a must, little moisture means gore tex is not required and actually undesirable due to heat retention. Terrain and climate guides boot choice.. I upland hunt in the midwest and there want a light boot, flat sole that doesnt retain mud and has good water resistance. Old boots that checked those boxes was a Rocky Outback before I went to Russells.

Last edited:
I can vouch for Schnees going out of their way to make it right.

I bought a pair of boots in store after trying on multiple models of their boots. Those made my big toes go numb so next spring/early summer I was there again brought the boots to see if there was a fit/lacing/insole option and to my surprise they took them back but were updating the product lines and didn’t have many of any boot in stock. They gave me Kurt’s direct number and said to call and discuss what was going on with my feet and when they got boots in from the updated line I could purchase them.
Month or two later boots arrive , Kurt and I talked and determined a size up and wide boot should take care of it. Then as I was giving gift card numbers he suggested a discount code they had going at the time.

I hunted a full season in the originals struggled with fit but it was wet and they were the sturdy boot I had to handle the hunts. Year after purchase they took them back and offered a discount code on the replacement pair.

Schnees is now the first place I look

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've been looking for a pair of boots for this hunting season. I hunt the east coast for everything from small game in September to spring gobblers in May. I think I've decided that a well-built uninsulated hiking boot would cover most situations I hunt in. I've looked into several brands, including Kenetrek, Crispi, Meindl, Hoffman, Schnee's, Zamberlan, and White's after reading a lot of reccomendations through Rokslide threads.I have a few models I am considering. I've basically found the boot I'm interested in on each one of these comapany's website. I've determined that I may need to try on multiple boots somehow, also.

I know there is a lot of boot talk on this forum, but, if folks are willing to share, I'm interested in reading some experiences on how good the customer service is at some of these companies, including handling returns, exchanges, warranties, repairs, rebuilds, discounts, email responses, etc. I encourage PMs, especially for negative reviews.

Like others have pointed out, we are strongly committed to customer service. Boots are an investment, and a big one for most folks, so we stand behind every pair and are here to help however we can. - matt