Book

OP
T
There are plenty of titles and authors out there, but if you can find Dwight Schuh's books, you'd be well advised to give them a read. Technology has changed, but I have never seen a better how to on stalking deer. I suppose they had to back when a bow could shoot about 30 yards tops. I think the book is from 1985

1. Valerius Geist Mule Deer Country. Kind of a biology, behavioral angle. very informative though not a "hunting " book.
2. David Long Public Land Mulies. best hunting book to me.
3. Mike Eastman Hunting High Country Mule Deer. Best for hunting high country/wilderness

The rest all have something to offer but i would start with those three.
Robby Denning's two books, Cam Hanes' Backcountry Bowhunting (has some insight into staying in the mental game ). Dwight Schuh 's Hunting Open Country Mule Deer. The convicted poacher Kirt Darner's How to Find Giant Bucks was one of the first mule-centric hunt books (good for the photos!).
I also really like records-type books: great for research and eye candy. Mule Deer Retrospective put out by boone and crockett. Colorado's biggest bucks and bulls - susan reneau. Idaho's greatest mule deer - ryan hatfield. Also Buck Buck Moose by chef Hank Shaw.