Blizzard vs Aegis bibs!

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
In Michigan this morning we have a blizzard it is 5 degrees F with sustained winds at 25 MPH and gusts of 40 MPH. I put on my normal shovel gear. Heavy Carhartt jacket (not sure the model) and old Columbia Gore-Tex snow pants with heavy fleece gloves and wool beanie.

After five minutes I realized, this was not going to cut it I was leaking air all over the place and got cold fast, even while working hard. It was time to go in and pull out some hunting clothes. This consisted of Kryptek Aegis bibs Kuiu Expedition gloves and Mtn Ops 400 weight merino then the same Carhartt jacket and old blaze orange full face hat.

I purchased the Aegis last season and liked it but never had cold or wind to really test it. I can say now I am very impressed standing in 40 MPH gusts my chest and below could not feel the cold at all. It is 100% wind proof and very warm even with the full length zippers down each leg no wind got in. The Expedition gloves also held up well to the wind and cold.

Ive had the same experience with mine. The aegis set is an extremely good value. It is waterproof too. I sat in a duck blind (no roof) for 5 hours in a steady rain, and sitting on a wet seat. Bone dry head to toe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk