Blind options

I need to figure out a blind system and I am not sure which to go with so let me know your thoughts.

I am often hunting ducks on ponds or small lakes and have a feel free kayak in camo that I have been debating on getting a kayak cover for because I figure I can also put it on the ground and use that as a layout blind when im not on water. I often hunt with buddies that do not have similar setups which leads me to want an a frame for all of us to sit behind. What do you all suggest I should get? I am trying to keep it under 300$

Thank you

Ron.C

Lil-Rokslider
not sure about amking something for multiple guys but I used my old cabelas layout and made it into a cover for my small hunting canoe. Works great. I find being able to set up in layout in areas where most people don't or can't (areas that are too deep for traditional layouts and not allot fo cover for a traditionsal blind ) can make for killer setups. And lots of room for my dog behing me.

Ss far as cost goes, I can buy a brand new layout and modify it for less than $300 Cdn.

I have a few more pics of it in this thread:20211128_110254(0).jpg

Last edited:
I use a homemade blind made from bird netting, the light weight black plastic with squares about 1”. It comes in a roll about 4’ tall. I weave cat tails, reeds, etc into the netting. Hold it up with electric fence posts, the kind that are plastic with a little steel point at the bottom. We just sit on little folding chairs.

It’s pretty light weight, customizable to your area and dimensions that you want.

Pretty poor picture, but I can’t find a better one on my phone.

BAC0ECD9-999F-4B4F-8960-677D9BC193D1.png

OP
I
not sure about amking something for multiple guys but I used my old cabelas layout and made it into a cover for my small hunting canoe. Works great. I find being able to set up in layout in areas where most people don't or can't (areas that are too deep for traditional layouts and not allot fo cover for a traditionsal blind ) can make for killer setups. And lots of room for my dog behing me.

Ss far as cost goes, I can buy a brand new layout and modify it for less than $300 Cdn.

I have a few more pics of it in this thread:View attachment 355935

Thank you for sharing this this is exactly what I was looking for.

OP
I
I use a homemade blind made from bird netting, the light weight black plastic with squares about 1”. It comes in a roll about 4’ tall. I weave cat tails, reeds, etc into the netting. Hold it up with electric fence posts, the kind that are plastic with a little steel point at the bottom. We just sit on little folding chairs.

It’s pretty light weight, customizable to your area and dimensions that you want.

Pretty poor picture, but I can’t find a better one on my phone.

View attachment 355987
Dude this is sick! I am going to make a version of this because its genius!

Burlap works really well. One year we built a PVC frame with burlap. Really easy to run and gun with it. Pretty light as well.

Done similar as MTPipeliner with burlap as well. Works well enough for waterfowl but also predator hunting.

OP
I
We have had really good success using panel blinds with stubble straps on them to match local vegetation. We use a couple of the ones from Tanglefree and use a few 4-5 foot stakes to help hold them up when the grass is heavy on them. These are the ones we have... little bit spendy though... https://tanglefree.com/collections/blinds-panel-blinds/products/flight-series-panel-blind
Im heading out tomorrow for a few days and of course everything is back ordered so im going to try the plastic webbing that was posted by a previous user. Thank you for the recommendation I will be looking into this!