Bleaching deer skull euro mount

Tod osier

WKR
Is the general consensus that there should be some kind of seal coat on anyones DIY euro? If so, what is the preferred sealant?

Lot of people like a sealer. I do not. I like the look of the rough skull and I do not need them bright white. I use the peroxide to remove dark blotches and even everything out, but don't push it to white.

If you are new to it, keeping them unsealed is a benefit in that you can go back in and hit them again if you don't get all the oil out and it comes to the surface in the future.

Am I the only person who buries them in the ground for a year, digs them up, washes them off with the garden hose, tapes off the horns, and spray-paints them while with $2.00 Walmart white spray-paint? lol

The whole process is 15 minutes. lol

Some things are not meant to be overkilled.

Next time use plain ol Elmers glue like you used in elementary school. It does the job dries clear and doesn't yellow.

TSAMP

WKR
Am I the only person who buries them in the ground for a year, digs them up, washes them off with the garden hose, tapes off the horns, and spray-paints them while with $2.00 Walmart white spray-paint? lol

The whole process is 15 minutes. lol

Some things are not meant to be overkilled.
I'll do anything to avoid visiting a Walmart.

A couple gallons of Elmer glue mixed 50-50 with water. Dip it and let the excess run off.

It dries white and also helps hold the loose bones in.

If you don’t like it, it will come off with a soak in water.