Blackhorn209 in stock @ Midway

OP
Shō[t]gun
I’m not happy about it either.

It’s about time another powder company comes up with a competitive alternative.

I have a few bottles left, which will carry me for a while, and haven't paid much attention to muzzleloading changes in a few years. Is there a good alternative on the market?

Dented

WKR
I moved to triple 7. At some point you just have to accept that the juice isn't worth the squeeze. I found my point. For those that think it's worth the price of admission, well, I have no issue with that. It's your life, live it your way. For those that disagree, same thing.

I just couldn't abide what appears to me to be a simple case of greed by the manufacturer. And I'm a died in the wool capitalist...

I just couldn't abide what appears to me to be a simple case of greed by the manufacturer. And I'm a died in the wool capitalist...

As a capitalist, all business operating expenses are passed along to the customer.

If it were a matter of greed, a lot of people don't seem to mind because they keep selling it at the elevated price point.

Dented

WKR
Yep. They keep selling it, and people pay the price. But I just don't see why that powder specifically has had such epic price increases when the other BP lines have not. Across the board price increases i understand, but singular product increases seem to point to price gouging to me.

Any thoughts on why BP209 alone had such epic increases?

Hnthrdr

WKR
Only have a half bottle left so I switched back to 777 since I couldn’t find any a year or so ago, no issues with 777 just a little dirtier but went bang on every shot. 92 bucks for 8oz is wild

I have a few bottles left, which will carry me for a while, and haven't paid much attention to muzzleloading changes in a few years. Is there a good alternative on the market?
No - aside from smokeless (in rifles rated for it). For bp subs, 777 is next best.

OP
Shō[t]gun
777 will do it
Do the 777 pellets foul any more/less than loose powder? I picked some up for cheap to try different loads and holy smokes it was dirty! I was considering switching to loose 777 for Colorado until I shot those pellets and couldn’t go back to 209 quick enough.

One pricey can of 209 every 2 years isn’t gonna affect my retirement goals, but if there’s a trick to reducing fouling from others I’m all ears.

Do the 777 pellets foul any more/less than loose powder? I picked some up for cheap to try different loads and holy smokes it was dirty! I was considering switching to loose 777 for Colorado until I shot those pellets and couldn’t go back to 209 quick enough.

One pricey can of 209 every 2 years isn’t gonna affect my retirement goals, but if there’s a trick to reducing fouling from others I’m all ears.
Perhaps, if you’re using a hot 209 primer. All 777, loose and pellets, fouls significantly more than Bh209. The only time I see minimal fouling with 777, is with #11 caps.

I’ve only shot the 777 pellets, not the 777 powder, and they were super dirty. They are what I used before BH. Now with the scarcity when I run out I’m worried I’ll have to go back to the pellets

I’ve only shot the 777 pellets, not the 777 powder, and they were super dirty. They are what I used before BH. Now with the scarcity when I run out I’m worried I’ll have to go back to the pellets
Plenty of loose 777 out there and a way better choice than pellets.