Black Gold Quick Link

Looking into switching over to the Black Gold Quick Link picatinny attachment on my Hoyt

- Has anyone used this adapter with Black Gold mountain lite? (or other similar sights)
- If so, any tips on ensuring a smooth transition and good performance?

Thanks!

Only a potential issue if you have a custom Mountain Lite with micro windage/elevation...

You could have the windage micro knob running into the yardage dial because of how far right you have to push the housing. You can move the bracket that connects the rail to the sight (1st axis) over to compensate, but the micro knob was still too close to the yardage knob and it just looked off, so I switched back to the ML3 base.

If you dont have micro, that shouldnt be a problem.

OP
kolachiefs
Only a potential issue if you have a custom Mountain Lite with micro windage/elevation...

You could have the windage micro knob running into the yardage dial because of how far right you have to push the housing. You can move the bracket that connects the rail to the sight (1st axis) over to compensate, but the micro knob was still too close to the yardage knob and it just looked off, so I switched back to the ML3 base.

If you dont have micro, that shouldnt be a problem.
Good to know, I will definitely look into this before I purchase the adapter

Insomnia

Lil-Rokslider
I have one laying around, it never gave me any problems. I went back to the dovetail simply because it's on a bow without a pic rail right now.

OP
kolachiefs
I have one laying around, it never gave me any problems. I went back to the dovetail simply because it's on a bow without a pic rail right now.
Would you be willing to part ways with it? I would like to try it out but it retails over $100 which is why I was asking the question about issues on this thread.

I am new to Rokslide but I should have PM permissions tomorrow (4/27)

Insomnia

Lil-Rokslider
Would you be willing to part ways with it? I would like to try it out but it retails over $100 which is why I was asking the question about issues on this thread.

I am new to Rokslide but I should have PM permissions tomorrow (4/27)
Yeah, no rush on my end.

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
I have one with the ascent mountain lite 3 pin sight on my RX-7 Ultra…no issues; simple install

Attachments

• IMG_7969.jpeg
    IMG_7969.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7968.jpeg
    IMG_7968.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 10

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah-I had it on my old Hoyt with the side mount, and did the same that you’re considering with paying the $100 for the new picatinny attachment to utilize it more out front on the new bow. I really like that 3 pin slider setup…it’s been great for hunting and shooting further distance. I prefer how the sight starts further over for the in-line site mount for peep/sight picture alignment. It’s just the two Allen bolts at the end of the bracket and the picatinny end mounts like any accessory. Super easy to switch.

OP
kolachiefs
Yeah-I had it on my old Hoyt with the side mount, and did the same that you’re considering with paying the $100 for the new picatinny attachment to utilize it more out front on the new bow. I really like that 3 pin slider setup…it’s been great for hunting and shooting further distance. I prefer how the sight starts further over for the in-line site mount for peep/sight picture alignment. It’s just the two Allen bolts at the end of the bracket and the picatinny end mounts like any accessory. Super easy to switch.
Awesome! Looking forward to trying it out