Black Bear Hunting Canada Questions

slb6630

FNG
So I recently have recently been plagued with a massive interest in bear hunting. đŸ˜€ I have yet to harvest a bear, but have been hunting here in PA and West Virginia the last 3 years or so for them.

I love the idea of going west on a bear hunt to Montana or Idaho, but have also wondered if there are closer places in Canada that would be enjoyable to hunt at a reasonable price as Canada is not far from PA.

I like the idea of more of a spot and stock type hunt rather than a baited hunt.

Has anyone done a DIY bear hunt in Canada that would be willing to share ideas on units to hunt and what it takes to hunt out of country? I would prefer something within a 6 hour drive from western pa if possible.

Thanks in advance for any incite

Bcon

FNG
I have only hunted in Ontario, and although I'm sure it can be done in the right situation, maybe if the bears are on oats or something, spot and stalk where I have hunted would be really tough. Many of the outfitters I see combine with fishing trip, so can be a fun combo hunt. I hunted archery the first time and rifle this time, as long as you fill out the paperwork, that was not a big deal.

You will need an outfitter. Most all of the provinces have bear hunting. Start your research with google and go from there. Quebec and New Brunswick will be your closest. No pistols and no AR's.