Binos on a tripod

I’m running the Meopta Meostar B1 15x56 binos. I have a vortex summit SS-P tripod (don’t laugh lol) that serves its purpose.

There a quick release for binos like spotters? I’d like to set up my binos to glass and take them off when it’s time to move fair quickly.

Can anybody assist me in what I made to make this setup work? I wasn’t sure if I needed an outdoorsman stud or if that was specific Swaro.

I wanted to take advantage of GoHunts sale (if they have what I need) and not wait until Monday or Tuesday to talk to a Meopta rep hence, my questions here. Thanks.

Last edited:
Have you checked the Outdoorsmans website for fitment? Bino stud is standard size on virtually every brand. Buy a second quick disconnect for your binos if the Outdoorsmans stock foot doesn't fit your QD on your tripod.

svivian

WKR
Outdoorsman If you want to spend the money otherwise Aziak clamp has worked well for me.

However at some point I would look into a tripod head like a Siriu VA5 that has the Swiss arca plate.

722E8DA4-1A70-4EC1-BAA1-D4BA4DBCCA6D.jpeg

I occasionally use my binos on my KDC tripod with their rapid release system. My outdoorsman bino adaptor screws into it and its quick to get on and off. Most of the time I use my outdoorsman bino adaptor on my Manfrotto monopod…..way faster than a tripod, and its easier too.

id_jon

WKR
I've been really happy with my RRS bino cinch

Im an outdoorsmans stud user to and i try to talk my friends into it also just to stay on one great system. Theres plenty of cheaper similar options to im sure but out outdoorsmans is pretty tried and true

OP
Tips n Tails
I appreciate all the feedback folks.

Last question, should I switch from a tripod to a monopod? Also sometimes I’ve taken my Exo pack and put it in between my legs and have used the frame for a solid platform. Is this something that will work for 15x56 glass?

OP
Tips n Tails
I occasionally use my binos on my KDC tripod with their rapid release system. My outdoorsman bino adaptor screws into it and its quick to get on and off. Most of the time I use my outdoorsman bino adaptor on my Manfrotto monopod…..way faster than a tripod, and its easier too.
Where’d you get the Manfrotto monopod at? Also is that just as stable as a tripod?

I appreciate all the feedback folks.

Last question, should I switch from a tripod to a monopod? Also sometimes I’ve taken my Exo pack and put it in between my legs and have used the frame for a solid platform. Is this something that will work for 15x56 glass?

Fold up your tripod legs and see how "stable" a monopod is. And that's with three legs. :).

Some of these questions you can actually answer much better yourself, in the real world, with the gear that you have right there in your possession. Definitely try anything you can with what you have before spending your hard earned cash.
lets-try-it.jpg

Last edited:
Where’d you get the Manfrotto monopod at? Also is that just as stable as a tripod?
I bought it online from Manfrotto. It isn’t as stable as a tripod, but much easier to use and 1/3 the weight. I have been using it for the past couple of years. It has been used in both Alaska for sheep, moose, and caribou and in Colorado for deer and elk. I got fed up with always having to adjust my tripod every time I wanted to look at something else so I went to a monopod and I enjoy glassing way more now.

OP
Tips n Tails
I bought it online from Manfrotto. It isn’t as stable as a tripod, but much easier to use and 1/3 the weight. I have been using it for the past couple of years. It has been used in both Alaska for sheep, moose, and caribou and in Colorado for deer and elk. I got fed up with always having to adjust my tripod every time I wanted to look at something else so I went to a monopod and I enjoy glassing way more now.
@justinspicher Yes. I know what you mean about having to adjust the three legs to get stable or having to kick 2 of the 3 out to lower and/or make level’ish.