Binos for My Daughter, Help me Decide Please....

JGRaider

WKR
IMO/IME you will try long and hard to best the $250 Athlon Midas binocular. It is superior to the Viper HD, and on par with the BX4 IMO.

Thanks JG. Agree on the Midas - it is certainly a great performance value for the $. The more premium Athlon Cronus G2 UHD has even better optical performance. I love mine for hunting but would hesitate recommending it as a birding glass as i feel some other choices have better handling and focus characteristics that play better for birding.

BUT THEY GOT THAT AMAZING WARRANTY!

OP- I tried many 10x42s in that price range and settled on the Sig Zulu7.
Made in Japan, excellent glass and features and in your price range.
If you do a search on here, you will find a link to an exhaustive bino comparison that rates them all on different categories.
...Or you could be a good boy and buy the BX4s like you've been told....

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
The kowas and mini mavens are great also. My unsolicited opinion is maybe rethink the 10 and drop to an 8. Novices can struggle with keeping things steady.

Agross

WKR
I was gonna suggest an 8 power as well. Hopefully I won’t get scolded for mentioning these binos, but the maven b3 8x30’s are great little binos.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks

RussGS

Lil-Rokslider
+1 for 8x. Possibly even 6x or 7x, though the choices in those magnifications are far fewer. The 6mm exit pupil on the 7x42 is very forgiving. And wider FOV can be especially helpful for birding.