WTB Bino's for a Marine application.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Or should I say I am looking for bino's to use on the ocean. So do not need to be "Marine" bino's.
I need a good pair of bino's to use on the boat out on the ocean. Thinking at least 10x but probably 12 or 15x.

I do not have a big budget but will try to stretch it as much as possible to get a good bino. I would prefer to be in the $300 range but will go to the $600 range if it will make a big difference in performance. I also have a .308 Remington 788 I could offer up in trade. Let me know if you have something. Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

OP
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Maybe, but I would like something with a bit more magnification. I am not much of a fan of Steiner bino's either. Thanks though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or should I say I am looking for bino's to use on the ocean. So do not need to be "Marine" bino's.
I need a good pair of bino's to use on the boat out on the ocean. Thinking at least 10x but probably 12 or 15x.

I do not have a big budget but will try to stretch it as much as possible to get a good bino. I would prefer to be in the $300 range but will go to the $600 range if it will make a big difference in performance. I also have a .308 Remington 788 I could offer up in trade. Let me know if you have something. Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
I recommend the Nikon Ocean Pro 7x50. Waterproof, bullet proof, and outstanding clarity and light gathering for night and morning. I grew up working fishing charters in S. FL and the Bahamas. Ran boats for the gov. About 20 years ago i needed a new pair of good marine binos. I bought all the binos at a West Marine store, took them home, and tested them against each other. I returned all but the Nikons. Steiner commanders are great (gov uses them), but they are expensive and I don't care for the lens coating on them. Still have and use the Nikons. Downside is they are not the lightest weight, but that isn't bad on a rocking boat. Lens covers suck. but then again, they do on all of them. Has a compas, illiminated at night, that is great for navigation and referencing location to others. Dont buy anything over 7x50, since they need to be gyro stabilized...expensive. Mine stay on a chest harness. Good luck!

Attachments

• 20220813_165130.jpg
    20220813_165130.jpg
    673.4 KB · Views: 18

atmat

WKR
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I’ve got a pair of Leu 10x42 BX-4 for sale in the classifieds. Don’t know if those would interest you?