Bino harness with an admin pouch vibe?

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
I've gotten into the habit of using my binocular harness during the normal whitetail hunting season for just accessories. I typically keep my phone A battery bank and potentially some calls And my range finder in it.

As im getting rid of my kuiu id like to upgrade to something thats capable of carrying that sort of stuff plus some binos as they will be my main purchase this year. Ive never had a really nice pair of binos.

Just looking for something similar to the kuiu straps but with a bit more function without fumbling. Side pockets are great.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

nobody

WKR
Just to understand, are you saying you take your binos out of the harness and replace them with all these other random do-dads during your whitetail hunts? Or do you mean you're planning to put this stuff INSIDE with your binos?

Please, don't EVER put anything inside your harness WITH your binos. If you're finally up to buying "nice" binos as you say, you'll destroy the lenses rattling them around inside your harness with the binocular.

If you're wanting a backpack for storing stuff on your front side in separate pockets from your binos, my recommendation is an Alaska Guide Creations. They have some packs that will allow you to put WAY more than you should on your chest, may be exactly what you're looking for.

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet...

ChrisAU

WKR
I tended to do the same with an AGC I had and I loved it, just didn’t like the rearward opening lid. Then went to OV and loved it, but I lost a lot of storage space. Then had a couple times the magnets messed with my phone GPS and got a Marsupial no mag. Love it too, but no room at all for extra junk.

I’ve also never found a RF pouch that was close to perfect.

I wanted full protection, no magnets, something that can be left open and not have any obstruction for hands while hunting.

Had an idea a couple weeks ago…the FHF chest rig with their bino bucket. Now I have binos, RF, ammo, headlamps, knives and multi tool, and space for phone to ride. FHF doesn’t make a rangefinder “bucket”, but I grabbed a Kuiu HL RF pouch (Velcro backed like the FHF bino bucket) last Friday on their sale to maybe cut the lid out to give my RF some protection inside the rig. Also ordered the FHF E4 pocket to put on the front for phone charger and some medical stuff, ibuprofen, eye drops, whatever. I’m beginning to eliminate the need to even have a backpack lol!

Here it is now waiting on those two pouches. 10x42 Diamondback are in it in these pics but now I have 8x40 Zeiss SFLs in it. Sig Kilo 8K RF. And oh yeah, the new FHF Spartan holder gives a wonderful place to hold a Spartan bipod on the bottom.

4A3A1161-9FE1-46CF-A43F-61160DA612A4.jpeg
2AA4AAFB-27C7-4CC0-A664-94590FD75049.jpeg7966EBA4-13DB-4D50-957A-60BCD3FB7B1F.jpeg

OP
G

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
I missed all these replies for whatever reason. I went with the FHF gear though Imhavent purchased the bino bucket yet. Imwasnt sure if they would have to lay sideways.

To answer the previous question I take my binos out and store stuff.

ChrisAU

WKR
I missed all these replies for whatever reason. I went with the FHF gear though Imhavent purchased the bino bucket yet. Imwasnt sure if they would have to lay sideways.

To answer the previous question I take my binos out and store stuff.

What binos are you using? No problems fitting by old Diamondback 10x42’s or my Zeiss SFL 8x40’s.

OP
G

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
GPO Passion HD 10x42

OP
G

Goolahg

Lil-Rokslider
Just to understand, are you saying you take your binos out of the harness and replace them with all these other random do-dads during your whitetail hunts? Or do you mean you're planning to put this stuff INSIDE with your binos?

Please, don't EVER put anything inside your harness WITH your binos. If you're finally up to buying "nice" binos as you say, you'll destroy the lenses rattling them around inside your harness with the binocular.

If you're wanting a backpack for storing stuff on your front side in separate pockets from your binos, my recommendation is an Alaska Guide Creations. They have some packs that will allow you to put WAY more than you should on your chest, may be exactly what you're looking for.

But hey, I'm just some random guy on the internet...
I appreciate the word of caution. They sell a bino bucket and if that didnt work id get some rubber covers or somethimg for the eye piece and lens.

I ruled out the alaska guide pretty quickly when searching through stuff. It looked smaller like the kuiu, looked overly bulky in the seams and in general. Maybe thats just me. I dunno, I dont want to knock it too hard. Im sure it works.

FHF and hill people gear are worth a look.

FWIW I rolled my own using a small chest harness from blue Force gear and an admin pouch (mil spec monkey). I have version with a range finder pouch, bino pounce and admin pouch and one with just range finder and admin for when I don’t need binos.

Totoro

WKR
I used FHF exclusively for the last 5 seasons.

Now trying out HPG, so far, I like the layout of the Recon Full bag with bino pouch front mounted.

Sticks out a little further than I like but it's a compromise since I wanted to carry pistol discreetly.