Bino harness mod

Red33

FNG
I am a huge fan of the Marsupial bino pack, I love the way it quietly opens almost flat against the pack and is out of the way, but I'm not a fan of the harness. The Kuiu harness just fits and feels better to me, it doesnt bunch up under my pack and the straps stay flat against my body unlike the Marsupial. However, I am not a fan of how the Kuiu bino pack opens; it is harder to get the binos out, it is noisy and the top sticks out after being opened which messes up my bow draw cycle. I tried to put the marsupial case on the Kuiu harness, but they do not appear to be even close to compatible. Has anyone successfully tried to blend the two? Or, does anyone know where I can get a bino pack that has the same type of closure as the Marsupial that will fit to a Kuiu harness?

Outwest

WKR
Yeah I’m thinking you could cut those top kuiu straps, install 3/4” gatekeepers and then just swap the male buckles on the bottom straps to the berry compliant? I am going off of memory on the marsupial but it seems like I remember it having loops on top and female side lock buckles on bottom.

OP
R

Red33

FNG
This may work- I'll have to check again when I get home. Too bad Kuiu just doesn't make a pouch that lays flat when open. I hate destroying two pieces of gear just to get one that works well.

nobody

WKR
I would just sit tight and be patient... there's something coming in the next couple months that might interest you...

You dont need to cut the Kuiu straps if you can get a couple pieces of webbing and sew one end with a loop onto the upper plastic loop on the kuiu harness. Run the tag end down through auto lock buckles that are standard on the marsupial.

The other way is to sew a loop in the webbing and connect it with a gatekeeper on the loops coming off the marsupial, run it through the kuiu harness plastic loop and use the triglide like it is currently on the Kuiu harness.

Either way, you just need 2 lengths of webbing, with a sewn loop on 1 end. 1st way you wouldnt need anything else (assuming your marsupial has auto lock buckles). 2nd way, youd need 2 gatekeepers. And some basic sewing skills.

sndmn11

WKR
Is it the pro Bono harness? I don't think you have to destroy anything. Can you take some pictures of the back of the Kuiu one if different than this?
Screenshot_20230518-085928.png

OP
R

Red33

FNG
I would just sit tight and be patient... there's something coming in the next couple months that might interest you...
OK, this sounds intriguing. Maybe I'll wait to cut any straps.

nobody

WKR
Yeah, I've been sworn to secrecy by some guys in the industry, but keep an eye out on one of the two companies you've mentioned and get on their mailing list. They're planning on June/July Timeframe.

TravisIN

WKR
Yeah, I've been sworn to secrecy by some guys in the industry, but keep an eye out on one of the two companies you've mentioned and get on their mailing list. They're planning on June/July Timeframe.

torture post haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JasonD

FNG
Hmmm that’s funny. I also know someone who is supposed to be releasing some new stuff this year during the summer supposedly also that was mentioned binos weren’t the topic of discussion but was told it was gonna be more then just we were talking about. I’ve been wanting a different bino harness. What a cauhwinky dink Tho

Jhall12

FNG
Super intriguing. Been researching different options for last couple weeks. Thought I had settled on Marsupial but now need to wait and see.

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Rokslide Sponsor
Are you wanting something with shoulder pads built in, or something with just straight webbing? We are going to be offering an optional back harness on our binocular harness with webbing and no shoulder pads, which mitigates some of the bulk/interference issues with wearing a backpack.

Additionally ours is more spread out in the back for a more comfortable ride with no lumps of fabric digging into your back.

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 41

tracker12

WKR
Well I hope the new model has improved one handed take out and return of my binos. I love my current version but as an archery hunter get frustrated pulling my Bino’s out with one hand. They need to increase the width.

rickw162

FNG
I am a huge fan of the Marsupial bino pack, I love the way it quietly opens almost flat against the pack and is out of the way, but I'm not a fan of the harness. The Kuiu harness just fits and feels better to me, it doesnt bunch up under my pack and the straps stay flat against my body unlike the Marsupial. However, I am not a fan of how the Kuiu bino pack opens; it is harder to get the binos out, it is noisy and the top sticks out after being opened which messes up my bow draw cycle. I tried to put the marsupial case on the Kuiu harness, but they do not appear to be even close to compatible. Has anyone successfully tried to blend the two? Or, does anyone know where I can get a bino pack that has the same type of closure as the Marsupial that will fit to a Kuiu harness?
I know how you feel, I’ve tried many bino harnesses on the market, even the new Kifaru. Still prefer my Marsupial, I live here in AZ, so I went to Marsupial gear headquarters and had them make me a 1” webbing system for shoulder straps. Works great!