Bino Cinch Questions

Kostrize

WKR
Looking into a bino cinch like the RRS for open hinge style binos like the Noctivids or Victory SFs and was hoping for some feedback from guys that have used them. I’m coming from an Outdoorsman’s setup and would like something simpler and lower profile on the tripod

Is it easier to leave the bino cinch attached to the binos for handheld glassing or to take them on and off every time you go to tripod? How much does hand glassing with the cinch attached impact the ergonomics of an open hinge bino? How well do they work coming in and out of a harness? Are there any brands to consider other than RRS?

I leave mine on my Maven 11x45’s. On occasion I’ll slide it up the barrel though depending on what bino pouch I'm using.

I can’t seem me ever using something different. Nothing to keep up with or adapt to.

seand

Lil-Rokslider
Love the cinch. Stays on my 13x56’s full time and is much steadier than the threaded adapter I was using as there is no side to side pivot/wobble. I also changed from a pan head to a anvil ball head and reallly like the anvil with the cinch. If I was still using the pan head I might be concerned with the bino weight being off center since the cinch mount is on one barrel instead of centered and the binos could tilt to the side with loose head setting for fluid pinning. I haven’t tried it though so I don’t know if it’s an issue as I’m really liking the ball head for binos.

I wish I could fit the cinch on my meostar 8x32’s but no go.

schmalzy

WKR
I’ve got the polymer cinch on Victory SF 10x42s. Very pleased with it. Leave it on full time. Does not interfere with Kuiu pro harness.

It will occasionally shift a little bit but honestly I don’t mind it as it’s easier to “level” it than adjust tripod.

Price is right and works well with the slik SVH-501 head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheUgly

FNG
I’ve used the polymer cinch for about 5 months now. They stay in my Nikon Laserforces 100% of the time and don’t effect ergos.

I use them with an AGC Kodiak Cub bino harness, and although the Laserforce + Cinch fit in there, it is not an easy or smooth one handed operation to take them out of the harness, but it can be done. I will be looking into the AGC Classic or other bino harness that has a larger compartment for next year.

The original machined RRS Cinch stays on my 10.5 Kowa Gennys full time, about 4 years now. I used to alternate the 10.5X44s from tripod to freehanding, and eronomics were never an issue while freehanding with th cinch in place. They also slide in and out of the AGC harness slick and easy, without ever snagging like some studs are prone to do. I've since added a pair of 8X33 Gennys for freehanding, while the 10.5Xs now stay on the tripod. The Cinch is a great piece of kit.

OP, sorry, I know you asked about experience with both, but I haven't used the poly version at all.

Honyock

WKR
Like most others that have commented, I use the RRS Cinch polymer with my Zeiss Conquest 10x42 and really like it. The Cinch stays on and have had no issues using the Kuiu Pro harness. I don't really notice that is it on when not using a tripod.

Nolan_

FNG
is it at all annoying that the cinch doesn't mount to center of the bino? I've never used one but it seems like bino being offset relative to the tripod head would be annoying...

tdhanses

WKR
is it at all annoying that the cinch doesn't mount to center of the bino? I've never used one but it seems like bino being offset relative to the tripod head would be annoying...
After a few times using you don’t even notice it.

Honyock

WKR
I've never even thought about that. Zero issues with it so far. It's probably less than an inch and a half that's offset.