Big Wyoming Moose?

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
I am not a moose expert, but thought I would post this picture to get an idea. This bull walked by us at about 15 yards while we were archery hunting elk in SE Wyoming. He looks big compared to some pics I have seen of Shiras moose, but I am no expert. And if anyone has a moose tag in Unit 41, PM for more info and I will be willing to share the location where we found him. He was wandering, so no guarantees he is even around still.

DSCF2113.jpg

Last edited:

NUGGET

WKR
That is not a shooterin 41 but would be in most the other units in the state!

Hell of a offer! How the elk hunt go?

OP
D

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
That is not a shooterin 41 but would be in most the other units in the state!

Hell of a offer! How the elk hunt go?

Elk hunt went well. We did not notch a tag, but we had a heck of a good time and were into a lot of bugling bulls. The storm the week before we got there kind of made a mess of the woods with blowdowns, so we had some missed opportunities where bulls came in but were virtually blocked by a wall of blowdowns. We adjusted and had multiple close calls, but just couldn't put it all together. I passed on 2 spikes and a small 4 point, and messed up an opportunity at a 5 point, but that is archery hunting. I'm from Oregon, and the hunting here has steadily deteriorated, so it was a great change to actually have multiple opportunities and call in quite a few bulls. We learned a lot and found some outstanding areas for next time. We will definitely be back as soon as we can draw another tag.

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
That looks like a brother to the one I shot in western WY last year, and I didn't waste any time pulling the trigger