Big Whitetail Buck. Guess on score?

jjenness

Lil-Rokslider
[video=youtube;l0xqLEyIO0g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0xqLEyIO0g&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Saw this buck last night while out scouting. Any guesses on how big he might be?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
175 to 190 hes very wide his tines are pretty long too. He almost looks like a Muley.

Eagle

WKR
I'd say he's 21" inside, which is unreal for a whitetail. 25" Main beams, 5" brows, 7" 2's, 9" 3's, 7" 4's, and then probably 30" of mass. That would put him at 157.

I'd say he's 21" inside, which is unreal for a whitetail. 25" Main beams, 5" brows, 7" 2's, 9" 3's, 7" 4's, and then probably 30" of mass. That would put him at 157.

Eagle, you are very close. I would agree with that....

Little trick for those not used to being able to quickly judge the score of a Typical 10 point Whitetail... Take the G4 Measurement and mulitply it by 10 and add 100. That will get you pretty close (in most cases). I think the G4's on this buck are about 4.5-5.5".

Great buck, short tines, incredible spread and super brow tines.

Best of luck, hope you can get him nice and close this season.

Mikeha33

Lil-Rokslider
His main beams and width are going to be good scorers for him, but considering he is still full velvet, he is going to lose most of that apparent mass shortly. I don't think he is gonna pan out to be very heavy. His 2's are short, and 3's are not much better, and I have to agree with Eagle, that I don't think there is any way he would go over 160". Its hard to tell his age by the video, but I'm looking at it 2 ways; his face seems kinda narrow, like a young buck (3 1/2 yr old), but from his profile, it looks like he is kinda snub nosed, more typical of an older, mature buck. I probably would shoot him, b/c with those short tine genetics, I don't think he'd ever be a B&C class whitetail.

OP
J

jjenness

Lil-Rokslider
I think you guys are pretty close, I guessed he would be just over 165. Horn growth is great this year here in central MT. There are some other bigs bucks I got video of on the digiscoping forum. What would you guess some of those bucks at?