Big Agnes or Cabela's Instinct

nebhunt

WKR
Looking for a tent to take on a backpack archery elk hunt. Two tents that I have been looking at are the Big Agnes Copper Spur HV2 Exp. and the Cabela's Instinct Scout 2. Is the Big Agnes worth the extra money?

I looked at both and settled on the Big Agnes, great tent! Have used it a few nights now.

Note a 2-person tent fits 1 person comfortably.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
N

nebhunt

WKR
I might have to consider the 3 person tent. I think it is only 10oz more. The additional room might come in handy.

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Big Agnes’s warranty department will blow even Walmart’s out of the water. Best people to deal with ever. As for Cabelas, since getting bought out by bass pro, their long standing backing of their products is going away. My family has had a Alaskan guide 8 man for 28 years and recently my hunting partner went down to buy the same tent. He went to the Salt Lake City store and the head camping guy was helpful and told him the new stance of bass cabelas is 90 coverage only.

OP
N

nebhunt

WKR
I guess I have given up on the Cabela's but another tent that has me interested is the Eureka Mountain Pass. Just trying to get the best bang for the buck like everyone else. I am more of the buy once cry once crowd but don't want to just throw money out for a name either.

wildcat33

WKR
Count me in with the anti-cabelas crowd. Numerous options better than anything from cabelas.

FLAK

WKR
I have a BA 2 person UL or something like that. NO WAY 2 people would fit in that thing. I barely fit myself. If I bought another I'd def. go 3 person.

I have a BA 2 person UL or something like that. NO WAY 2 people would fit in that thing. I barely fit myself. If I bought another I'd def. go 3 person.
It seems that going with the a BP tent that's rated at least one more person than what you'll need is the common thought …...

OP
N

nebhunt

WKR
After looking a reviews for the last few days and with the advice on here I decided to go with the BA 3 person.