Bibs that are NOT bulky

Are there any bibs out there that have a small amount on insulation (like just a grid fleece or similar) that are cut more like pants?

Would like something I can wear walking in for public land deer hunts that won’t make me sweat on the way in but are slim enough in the legs and waist that I can put a pair of puffy pants on over if needed. Bonus points if they are either a quiet material and/or don’t pick up every sticker in the woods. Definitely want something that has material going up the back to cut drafts.

Fanatic Lite seems like the ticket, but I may have missed the boat (discontinued). Open to non-hunting stuff as well.

jazz3ring

WKR
Mountain Archery & 1 Shot Gear have various sizes of the Fanatic Lite Bibs in stock and on sale.

I have the Fanatic Lite Jacket which I really like.

Bnc04

FNG
Look at browning hells canyon. Lite weight, warm and relatively quiet. Not sure if they still make the same model. Mine are lower cut on the front and back but I bought them several years ago

OP
G
Look at browning hells canyon. Lite weight, warm and relatively quiet. Not sure if they still make the same model. Mine are lower cut on the front and back but I bought them several years ago
Looks like they don’t make those anymore, but I did find these from Browning last night.

TL406

Lil-Rokslider
I just finished a 9-day mule deer hunt and wore my Mountain Hardware Firefall ski bibs the whole time. They have full length zippers to vent and some light insulation, completely wind proof, highly water resistant, pretty quite. Not camo but a dull forest green. I’ve done multiple late season hunts in them, and skied a lot, they’re plenty durable. I can get puffy pants on both over and under them, depending on if I want to hike in the puffy pants.

Edit: looks like they changed the side zip and thigh pockets on the newer generation of these pants.

OP
G
I just finished a 9-day mule deer hunt and wore my Mountain Hardware Firefall ski bibs the whole time. They have full length zippers to vent and some light insulation, completely wind proof, highly water resistant, pretty quite. Not camo but a dull forest green. I’ve done multiple late season hunts in them, and skied a lot, they’re plenty durable. I can get puffy pants on both over and under them, depending on if I want to hike in the puffy pants.

Edit: looks like they changed the side zip and thigh pockets on the newer generation of these pants.
I actually was looking at those yesterday (they have camo pattern now btw). They’re pretty close but the top end is almost the opposite of what I want.

They have the main material extend up the chest and what looks like a thin material on the back. I actually want the other way around to cut out drafts while sitting better. Plus I also usually have a Bino harness so it’s already a bit toast up fromt for me even if wearing just a tshirt.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I was thinking something similar on my last hunt in which I wore my Sitka Fanatic bibs and Incinerator jacket. The bibs are great - warm and quiet, but they pick up every burr possible. One thing I'm not a fan of is how bulky they are from the knees down - thick and wide (like bell bottoms). I realize the width is helpful in getting boots on and off, but they already have zippers that go all of the way down.

I am not familiar with the Fanatic Lite option, but my sense is that they are not as thick everywhere - and I want the insulation everywhere above the knees. Maybe I'm thinking too much.

jd1006

WKR
I have the incinerator (down version), I do not find them to be bulky at all. They taper through the leg.

OP
G
I went to Rogers to order some Stratus Bibs and saw these. Might have to give them a shot and 2.5x less the price.