WTB Beware of Scammers

Longbow42

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple weeks back, I posted a WTB for a Zeiss Duralyt scope on here. Someone reached out through my Email and said they had one to sell for $500, Postal MO only which should have alerted me. They sent me pics that they copied from a member's post on here who had the scope listed a couple years back. After a week of them receiving MO, they stopped responding to me. Person's name was Cristin Vaden in 5649 Grindstone Loop, Wesley Chappel, FL. I plan to file reports with USPS and Police. Please beware!

WoodBow

WKR
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sucks that happened to you but that is the exact SOP of a scammer. Never ever send a money order to a stranger. Use multiple methods to verify that they have the item in their possession and then only pay with paypal goods and services so your money is protected. The 3% is real cheap peace of mind.

serorem

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think people who post WTB ads need to state they will only pay via PayPal G&S. I think that will alleviate a lot of scammers. There are many things I WTB on these forums but with all the scamming going on, I will just wait until something I want pops up.

Rob5589

WKR
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Trying not to sound like a Richard but, how many times can you hear the same old wtb sob story? People are far too naive with their hard earned cash.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Trying not to sound like a Richard but, how many times can you hear the same old wtb sob story? People are far too naive with their hard earned cash.

Can’t fix stupid! It’s like changing a PW. Far to complex for some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

cmahoney

WKR
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I think people who post WTB ads need to state they will only pay via PayPal G&S. I think that will alleviate a lot of scammers. There are many things I WTB on these forums but with all the scamming going on, I will just wait until something I want pops up.

I stick with itunes gift cards from 7-11, kindly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk