Best websites for deals

Dudeman

FNG
Green rookie here, what are some of everyone's favorite websites to buy from and/or find deals for hunting equipment, clothing, and gear?

22lr

WKR
Classifieds are a great resource, and the MidwayUSA clearance section! Also, if Amazon is your thing (its less and less of my thing...) you can get smoking deals from the Amazon warehouse on open box and returns.

But never be afraid of buying used stuff from any of your local classifieds. Just know what to look for and what recourse you have. Do a quick search for what warranty the product carries and just be comfortable with that. Not all companies stand by their old/used products as well as Vortex or Benchmade if your not the original owner with a reciept.

The gear deals section of the classifieds has helped me find plenty of good deals, some on stuff I didn't even realize I 'needed'.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Fitzwho

WKR
Will second, or third I guess, Camofire. They rotate a lot of stuff through there everyday. Shipping is usually slow, but deals are deals. They only last the day though, so if you see something you want, you have to get it that day.

DVOR (get the app) is Opticsplanet's clearance sight (like Camofire is to Black Ovis). They have new stuff hit every day at 10AM CST, but the deals are usually up for a week or so. Sometimes the whole thing is a bust, but they do have some very good deals come up. A lot of optics. Shipping can take weeks, but they will usually show estimated shipping times next to each item, so pay attention to that if you need something next week.

Hunt of the Day is similar to the above. New stuff every day, a lot of Sitka usually. They have new stuff every day, but I haven't seen any more than 5-10 items per day. This site is associated with Mountain-Archery.com.

I always shop around if I do find something that I am looking for on one of the above. Never know, it could look like a deal on there, but if its something you hadn't thought about getting before you saw it, make sure to check, might still be cheaper, with free shipping on Amazon.

Midway's clearance stuff can be hit or miss, but they do an interesting job of it. Their inventory system is pretty awesome, as clearance items reduce in inventory, the price actually goes down gradually. So the very last one of some item that they aren't planning on restocking is usually super cheap. It will say below each item how many are left (like 1 or 2 or 3), not "limited" like a lot of other websites will.

Rokslide classifieds are great for hunting stuff. I bought a lot of outdoor/backpack/camping stuff at Sierra trading post also. They used to run great 25% off coupons, haven’t seen any since C19.

OldGrayJB

WKR
huntinggeardeals.com This site monitors other sites and they post links when they find a good deal.

steepandcheap.com This is the discount site for backcountry.com. They have some good camp/hike/clothing deals.

KNOPHISH

FNG
Cameraland is another for optics. I usually check a few hunting sites class ads.

Chance

FNG
Classified Approved
Looks like theres some good deals in the classifieds here but I can’t comment yet.

Thorn

FNG
A site sponsor but special mention for 1shotgear, watching their sales and stacking the reward bucks on top of it you can get some unbeatable deals.

Sierra trading post has good deals too. Browning, Sitka other hiking brands

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dobermann

WKR
Seeing as they haven't been mentioned yet, Campsaver and Moosejaw often have some good deals on general outdoor gear.

Both do daily emails, which gets annoying, but both will routinely do a '20% off any item' promo outside of usual sale times.

Campsaver is also one of the few places I've seen to ever discount Hilleberg tents. Don't get too excited though - Hilleberg are usually explicitly excluded in their sales, and I think I only saw them included once in two or three years.

My inbox is too full of emails from many of the sites already listed here, so I've unsubbed from both Campsaver and Moosejaw ... but if there was a specific pair of high-end boots, a tent, etc, that you knew you wanted, then a temporary sign-up would be worth it.

Pretty sure I picked up a pair of Scarpa Triolets for about $140 before they were discontinued, for example ... :)

10bands

FNG
govx.com if you qualify. A lot of stuff that isn't directly hunting related but I've got great deals on Vortex, Zamberlan and Big Agnes in the past. When they have sales they can be really good. They have a sister site Patriotx.com that I haven't used and don't know if the deals are the same.