Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Lose weight and shed pounds on your body

Votes: 86 74.8%
  • other

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

unm1136

WKR
My gear is constantly evolving...I agree with an All Of The Above approach. I have been sidelined for the last 14 weeks with a bum shoulder. Weight crept up. While body composition is the first thing that comes to mind, it is the last thing I will spend money on. I have a gym membership, and rucking through my neighborhood is fairly easy. Effort, determination and previously learned skills take care of me there.

Next would be several years of incrementally purchasing lighter gear. This includes my current project of going from an EMR I to an EMRII. I am lukewarm on cutting up gear for weight savings. While weight savings can be had, I prefer to trim smaller, lighter, more easily replaceable items than high dollar items. Every time I think about trimming my EMR, I decide to let my kids make that choice later. Warranty repairs aside, I don't want to trim something for weight savings (like the snow collar, and then regret it later, considering what I have invested. But since I own the items, trimming them when I decide it is necessary is always an option. Next year I may feel differently about my EMR and start carving it up. Nothing is sacred, and as a consumer I can change how I value things as more experience comes in, like the value of a chopped pack.

pat

E Butler

Lil-Rokslider
GIARDIA works great I lost 26 pounds .Problem was I didnt start crapping my brains out until I got back from my elk hunt.

mfolch

WKR
Go vegetarian. Dropped three inches off the waist and 10lbs in two months without changing anything else.

JP100

WKR
Just take less shit, honestly UL gear means you just take more stuff cos its lighter. Learning to live of the bare essentials and leaving all the other "optional" stuff at home is the best way in my opinion. Buy a really small pack then you cant fit all the other shit in
And of course your own body weight/fitness

Last edited: