Best Value for Scope <$300?

Here's a photo of that scope. Burris Fullfield IV.
After a brief sight-in with my Muzzleloader.
View attachment 490199
A lot of people, myself included, kinda figured that the FF IV wouldn't be the same quality as the II's. The reasoning is based on the fact that Burris switched manufacturing from the Philippines to China. I'm assuming they did this so that costs could be kept low while adding new features.

A lot of people, myself included, kinda figured that the FF IV wouldn't be the same quality as the II's. The reasoning is based on the fact that Burris switched manufacturing from the Philippines to China. I'm assuming they did this so that costs could be kept low while adding new features.
New features can be nice, but the Chinese kaleidoscope feature, is just one I could do without.

Was lucky I only had the thing for only a short while and able to get a full refund, instead of warranty exchange.

Arcticmanak

Lil-Rokslider
I'm resurrecting this one to give some more love for the Fullfield II in 3-9x40. I've had one on my 30-06 for several years and it has never let me down. I've carried it on hunts where we were in soaking rain for multiple consecutive days and had no issues with condensation, and I should add that those same conditions caused a much more expensive scope by another manufacturer to fail. It has held zero well and is an accurate, clear optic. For a solid performing scope without the bells and whistles, when 95% of my shot opportunities are under 300 yds I don't think it can be beat. It's the best bang for buck that I've seen on the market. I wish they still made them in 2-7x other than the scout model.

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
The trijicon Huron with bdc reticle is on sale for $299 at euro optic right now. Very promising in the limited time I’ve had it.

greenomics

Lil-Rokslider
The trijicon Huron with bdc reticle is on sale for $299 at euro optic right now. Very promising in the limited time I’ve had it.
Someone was clearing out a few 3-9x40 Hurons in the duplex reticle on ebay last week. Got one for 250 shipped. Seems like a solidly made scope. Might put it on a 223 T3x.

Last edited:

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
Someone was clearing out a few 3-9x40 Hurons in the duplex reticle on ebay last week. Got one for 250 shipped. Seems like a solidly made scope. Might put it on a 223 T3x.
Have you gotten to hunt with it yet? I mounted mine on a cva scout 243. I’m curious how it fares in low light.