Best soft rifle case for Alaska

snipe10

FNG
Need a soft rifle case for bush plane travel in Alaska, Want as much protection as I can get and obviously needs to be durable. What have you guys used? Was looking at the scoped Galco rifle case, seems durable, but pricy at approx. $150. I'm ok with the price if it's the best. Thanks,

$135

I will buy one next time I go! Mine ended up in the Sag river under the boat! Was only running a hard case for the travels up to the north slope . Not again

I am in the same boat and have been researching options - this one caught my eye:

hunterjmj

WKR
Flew into the Brooks years ago and I had a saddle blanket type case for my rifle and the pilot said I couldn't take the case. We argued back and forth and he finally let my Dad and I keep our rifles In soft cases. Maybe that's a thing but I didn't want my rifle just sitting on all the gear without some sort of protection.
I would definitely talk to your pilot and see what he wants. Maybe save yourself an argument.

emarr

FNG
I am in the same boat and have been researching options - this one caught my eye:

Thanks for posting this recommendation. I ordered one today.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Another fan of the Nomar case for transport on drop-hunts and float-trips...padded, durable, waterproof, and it floats.

Afhunter1

WKR
I have both the Nomar and the Yukon. The nomar is professional grade and the Yukon is not but is probably good enough for your fly in hunt. You will pass the Nomar on to your grandkids.

slick

WKR

What do folks know about these? Besides double the price $$$

LightFoot

WKR

This is what I have and I’ve been happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro