Best rain pants…. SW Alaska first half September

10-4. My G3s are comfortable enough as well. Just not sure how they’ll be if I need to move in them a lot in terms of heat.
I am going to be there the 15th-25th. I am thinking temps might be a little lower. If they aren’t, I’ll probably throw some lightweight rain pants in. I am going to try and not shoot something too far off the river, but you know how that goes :)

I guess you saying use them for moderate wet conditions, something like Attack for light conditions and then waders / HH, etc for super wet.

The only rain gear I use is a Helly Hansen parka and hip boots. I don't use that name brand "look at me!" stuff.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I’m usually on waders but if you want breathable rain pants, nothing I’ve tried is as nice as the kuiu Yukon. You could get some grinders bibs for cheaper though if you don’t need breathable.

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m usually on waders but if you want breathable rain pants, nothing I’ve tried is as nice as the kuiu Yukon...
I totally agree with you thinhorn. I bought the Yukon jacket and pants when they first came out years ago, and I'm still wearing them in the field to this day...of course they are patched-up and look like they have seen a lot of time in the field, which they have! However, they have kept me dry without failure over the years.
---------------
BTW on a different point...I wear good gear that works for my needs and lasts. I don't care what brand name is on the label, and I don't worry about what others may think of me based upon the label I wear...I know who I am.

It's really going to depend on the specifics of the hunt you're on. HH standard are gr eat and I have a pair of the impertech that is relatively light weight, but where we hunt moose up there it's higher up not on a river bottom. Not only would I not want to haul them in I'd melt and be swimming in my own moisture before I got from camp to where I planned to call. I use kuiu chugach bottoms and an arctrtyx top shell. I wear the chugach all the time with just merino bottoms and find it works well for me. Can't comment on how they would work with waders. My buddy has the kuiu Yukon and while heavier are much more stout and durable than the chugachs. I really like the kuiu pants but not as much the top shells. The arctrtyx pants don't fit me at all the they are a non-starter for me. Anyway as I began with it really depends on where you are and how your are hunting as to what will be "best". Good luck on your hunt!