Best payment system for small business

ODB

WKR
For those of you who run small businesses and take electronic payment (paypal/zelle/venmo, etc) - give me your experience with best/worst. I need to set one up and would like some advice.

What type of business? I own an archery shop and use Fortis. If you aren't in a "high risk" business you might get away with one of the mainstream processors. I used Zettle for a while which I liked but it's owned by Paypal and I don't like their politics nor do they like mine!

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
What type of business? I own an archery shop and use Fortis. If you aren't in a "high risk" business you might get away with one of the mainstream processors. I used Zettle for a while which I liked but it's owned by Paypal and I don't like their politics nor do they like mine!

Publishing.

MattB

WKR
That isn’t true, you are probably thinking of Venmo.

A non-profit I am associate with uses Square, moved there from PayPal partially for the reason stated above.

Reactions: ODB

schmalzy

WKR
Not saying it’s the best but we use Intuit/quickbooks. We don’t use it often; Specialty construction subcontractor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That isn’t true, you are probably thinking of Venmo.

A non-profit I am associate with uses Square, moved there from PayPal partially for the reason stated above.
Zettle is definitely owned by Paypal. You may be confused with Zelle. Two different processors

Marshfly

WKR
Publishing.
I'm in publishing also. We swapped a few years ago to Stripe when we moved to online only invoicing through Invoicely. It has its limitations but it's really easy to use and the pricing is great. I have had zero issues with this combo for the past three years.

Prior to that I was using a system designed specifically for periodical publishers that was a huge PITA.

I've used square for a couple years on my outfitting and land management projects. Nothing but great things to say for their customer service.

OP
ODB

ODB

WKR
Thanks for all the comments. Seeing a few new names for me to look into.

I've been using Freshbooks for my new biz and they have Stripe for payments... so far so good.