Best packable Tipi/tent for 4 people

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for a 4 person tipi with stove setup. Not interested in Kifaru. So far the Redcliff seems to be the one i'm most interested in, what else should I look at? I want to have a stove and enough room for my family.

4 people and a stove - I have the SO 8 person tipi and it’s about perfect depending on how much gear. Wouldn’t want to go any smaller.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I own a Hyperlite Mountgear Ultamid 4 in the Green Dyneeme it also has a stove Jack in it. Sub 2 lbs it does not get much lighter for the room. The Ultamid runs about same size as the Cimmeron. If you have the funds and want the very best weight to room ratio I highly recommend it.

OP
Odell

Odell

Lil-Rokslider
4 people and a stove - I have the SO 8 person tipi and it’s about perfect depending on how much gear. Wouldn’t want to go any smaller.
When hunting it would be used by 2 people. Backpacking with 4, not so much gear

500000KV

Lil-Rokslider
When hunting it would be used by 2 people. Backpacking with 4, not so much gear
Redcliff with 3 of us and stove/wood is full and a bit of gear in it. We throw up a seek tarp for rifles/packs Outside.
2 guys you should be good to go Hunting And keep all your stuff in the tent.
4 people I doubt would work with stove.

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Did 3 in a cimmaron this spring with a stove. One guy had a cot. We left some of our gear under our tarp. Could do 4 without a stove backpacking... just depends on how much room you need in the tipi itself.

I have a Kifaru 4 man tipi. It is perfect for 2 guys and gear. I did have 3 once and the stove ,that was crowded.

Soutah

FNG
I have a Seek 6 man tipi. Works great for 4 while backpacking. But with stove hunting 3 although possible would be maxing it out with all the extra gear. I would lean towards the 8 man if you will consistently have 3 and want it to be comfy and roomy.

Not a conventional tipi style tent, but I love the simplicity of the Warbonnet Tsunami.

adoyle

FNG
I highly recommend a seek 8 man and sxl+ stove. Four adults with gear and room to move and stand and stove with a pile of wood no problem. It’s the way to go. Performed well in heavy rain.

Attachments

• 78CF1F2C-6A8D-499C-85B5-1654A64A6646.jpeg
    78CF1F2C-6A8D-499C-85B5-1654A64A6646.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 35

rcb2000

WKR
A red Cliff with a stove is even a little snug for three people.
Go with an eight man and a large or XL stove

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
Luxe Octopeak worked pretty good in Alaska this past week. I did not pack my stove. Was quite impressed with how it handled the wet and winds up high.

Attachments

• Octopeak.jpg
    Octopeak.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 16