Best outsert for x impacts

satchamo

WKR
My wife got me a dozen x impacts for Xmas. This is my first adventure to super skinny’s. I’ve shot plenty of 204s. Anyways - I’m curious what outsert system you guys recommend? I’m hearing pretty meh reviews of stock components. I was looking at the BE Focos or ethics. I have had bad experiences with ethics needing to sand the piss out of my shafts for fitment and that grinds my gears.

Open to any and all suggestions - only looking to go around 50-75 grains up front, no crazy as FOC

Last edited:

madgrad02

WKR
I like the ethics, but definitely need to finesse the arrows a bit... but I like the process, so not a terrible price IMO

TL406

Lil-Rokslider
Standard outserts aren’t great, they’ll pull out inside targets every once in a while and I’ve bent a pile of them hitting the post in 3Ds. The heavy version of the FOCOS are pretty robust, use hot melt or else those inserts are absolutely permanent.

For what it’s worth, I’ve shot both and just went back to shooting the standard aluminum outserts and just have an extra pack of outserts to replace bent ones or ones that pull out in a target. I couldn’t get my arrow weight where I wanted it with the FOCOS.

yoopshoot

Lil-Rokslider
I shot ximpacts a couple years ago with the standard aluminum outsert. I actually had good luck with them and that set of arrows was one of the most accurate I had put together. I didn’t bend any outserts but did have a few pull off despite thorough prep and long setting epoxy.

I’m in the process of building up another set of ximpacts, but this time I’m using iron will Snyder core components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
Iron Will Snyder Core system is best. Valkyrie second. Firenock if you intend on using standard components.

Syng2015

FNG
My wife got me a dozen x impacts for Xmas. This is my first adventure to super skinny’s. I’ve shot plenty of 204s. Anyways - I’m curious what outsert system you guys recommend? I’m hearing pretty meh reviews of stock components. I was looking at the BE Focos or ethics. I have had bad experiences with ethics needing to sand the piss out of my shafts for fitment and that grinds my gears.

Open to any and all suggestions - only looking to go around 50-75 grains up front, no crazy as FOC
I've used a few combos of stuff and I do like my X impact arrows. Stock inserts worked and fit perfectly, and handled plenty of abuse, and I ******* hate aluminum components. Drop the FOCOS system like it's hot. Way too fragile. Too many pieces and chances for part failure. Walls are thin and they bend easy. Just never worked out.

Best advice to stay in your target weight is to use the stock outserts (42gr) with Snyder core inserts. Stuff a 25gr insert flush with the arrow, top off with the stock one.

If you match the diameter (depending entirely on spine you need) you can use the Instinct outserts, but they're 100gr. In my experience steel comments are the way to go, as aluminum will always bend if you give it enough time. X impacts are the only ones that haven't bent on me yet, though...

Ethics worked well in the .204 diameters for me, never needed to use their .166 stuff because I was using Valkyrie or stock.