Best memories from 2022

Hello everyone,
Longtime viewer of rokslide and finally made an account. I’m excited to continue to learn from you all and hopefully help out some others as well!
I wanted to hear everyone’s best memories from this past year, I’ll go first.
Being a recent college graduate who had left a job to pursue a career in law enforcement, I spent the summer preparing for the 9 month academy to begin in September. After a heartbreaking miss at 67 yards on a cow elk in Utah, I came home to New Jersey with 2 weeks to hit the whitetail woods hard before most of my free time was gone. I’ve been lucky in years past with always making well placed shots on game, but this year has been truly humbling for me. I had a nice public land buck at sub 10 yards narrowly escape death as my slider sight was set for 50 when I was practicing at home and I forget to change it back. Over a span of just a few weeks missing both an elk and whitetail, I was feeling low. I scouted hard over the next 10 days, and got a single trail cam photo of an 8pt cruising back to his bed just before legal light, munching under some white oaks. The following evening I snuck in with my saddle and set up. This would be my last hunt before academy life began, as I was to report for my first day at 0800 the following morning. The sit was quite slow, and with just a few minutes of light left I had given up hope. I took a moment to say a prayer (which I will admit, I don’t normally do), and I thanked god for all he has given me, and asked him for strength as I began a new chapter in my life. I concluded my prayer, looked down and the buck I had just gotten on trail cam was sitting below me at 25 yards broadside. Never heard him or saw him come in at all, he just appeared. Some things simply can’t be explained! As I swung around in the saddle and grabbed my bow, he closed the distance to 22 yards, slightly quartering towards me. Heavy arrow, heavy poundage and an iron will SB125 gave me confidence on the angle. I centered my pin on his shoulder and released. The arrow blew through with ease, and the buck ran 70 yards and died on his feet. I have had other experiences similar to this in the outdoors I just can’t explain, but this one was by far the best. Having my girlfriend, father and best buddy there to help track and drag was the icing on the cake. As I near my graduation date, I look back on this hunt fondly, and will continue to do so as long as I live.

Let’s hear yours!
75FC05CC-5233-4715-83B1-E4140590B00D.jpeg
234B7010-D05C-4CA1-B0D2-ADC21F637596.jpeg

Surviving some kodiak nasty and shooting 4 bucks in a few days. With a double up 300 yards from camp.
3b7374f2dfab1896823a93aac39263af.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk