Best Lightweight Camera for Beginners

Anyone have a favorite lightweight rugged camera for a newbie? I would be looking for something my wife could use and something I could use to start capturing some of the nature I get so see and hunts.

Are you looking for a point and shoot? If so there is 1, the Olympus TG6. If you are looking for an interchangeable lens camera then the best bet would be the Olympus E-M5 Mark 3 or the OM-5. Either coupled with the 14-150mm lens(acts like a 28-300mm in full frame terms). This outfit is totally weatherproof and the TG6 can be dropped and drowned. The Nikon Z5 with the 24-200 is an excellent full frame option.

Give me a call to discuss at 516-217-1000

Joel

jparker

FNG
Are you looking for a point and shoot? If so there is 1, the Olympus TG6. If you are looking for an interchangeable lens camera then the best bet would be the Olympus E-M5 Mark 3 or the OM-5. Either coupled with the 14-150mm lens(acts like a 28-300mm in full frame terms). This outfit is totally weatherproof and the TG6 can be dropped and drowned. The Nikon Z5 with the 24-200 is an excellent full frame option.

Give me a call to discuss at 516-217-1000

Joel

what other cameras would you recommend at a lower price point. I've been looking for something that if needed, I could attach to my spotting scope for added zoom, but would still like the option for decent camera zoom. maybe that's too many wants for some thing relatively cheap (sub $300).

Good morning. No company makes a camera in that price point any more. Your best bet is a used one. Right now we don't have anything with a big zoom, sorry

Steely Ty

FNG
You can try and watch Canon for refurbished cameras. I was able to grab one for $375 (kind of close to your budget) last November and so far has been pretty great to use. Be aware though, I am pretty sure i saw Canon discontinued the M200 but keeping their M50 in mirrorless cameras going. They should still have plenty of lenses and batteries available for it for the foreseeable future.

jparker

FNG
Good morning. No company makes a camera in that price point any more. Your best bet is a used one. Right now we don't have anything with a big zoom, sorry

so, I picked up a sonny a6000 from a coworker, basically new, for $200. I have some older a-mount lenses that I used to use on my older Minolta 35mm film camera. bought a cheap adapter so that I can use the lenses on the a6000, obviously in manual only, just to get me started. both are older sigma lenses, one is an older sigma 70-300mm macro lens. they take decent enough photographs, but I'm wanting something I can reach across a canyon with, mostly for elk and mule deer photographs. would you say that it's better to use the a6000s 16-50mm lens with a spotting scope adapter like the novagrade adapter, or would I be better off getting a better telephoto zoom lens to match with my current 15-45x65mm spotting scope?