Best heated socks?

crich

WKR
Coming from someone who has never used heated socks I dont think I would want them to get crazy warm anyway. I suppose the option to crank them up would be nice but the last thing I want is my feet to start sweating.

Professor

Lil-Rokslider
Coming from someone who has never used heated socks I dont think I would want them to get crazy warm anyway. I suppose the option to crank them up would be nice but the last thing I want is my feet to start sweating.
I assumed I would have them turned off until I was set up and still.

Poser

WKR
I have some Fieldsheers for the coldest days out snowboarding. I got these because they are a merino blend which is fairly difficult to come by in the heated sock market. Most are cotton. They are $134 full price but watch for a sale and you can score them for about $90.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
With the Lenz socks you can control the heat setting with the Lenz app. Walk to your stand with the heat off. When your feet start to get just a touch cold put the heat setting at the level you want. The level goes up to 9 but depending on the boots and other socks you wear you likely won’t go past 5.

Wheels

WKR
I assumed I would have them turned off until I was set up and still.
I have a pair of the Snowdeer heated socks and you have to push a button on the side of the socks to turn them on. Major pain in the rear when you are all clothed up, or worse yet have waders on. So, its either turn them on before you put your pants, bibs etc. on or strip back down when you decide you need to turn the socks on.
Do yourself a favor and get heated socks with bluetooth so you can control them with a phone or a remote.

Lenz 5.1 or 6.1 heated socks and their 1800 battery are the best battery powered socks made. They do make a 4.1 sock which is their minimalistic sock option. The 5.1 is like a regular wool hiking/hunting sock and IMO the best option. The 6.1 is a thinner compression sock material. It's thicker than a typical liner sock so to wear it underneath a regularly used wool sock might prove difficult. That's what I tried but didn't have enough room in my boot. The 5.1s however with a thin liner sock were perfect. All are controlled via an app on your phone. They are as pricey as it gets but I would do it 10 times over. Saved my feet two months ago chasing goats in freezing temps in Alaska.

They have a 1200 (up to 14 hours) and an 1800 (up to 20 hours) battery you can buy. On the app, where you can set the temp level to 1-9. Then you can have that temp level run constantly, or you can have it alternate on/off and you can set that time interval to whatever you want with the options being 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 15, or 20 minutes.

I set mine to run at a temp level of 3 or 4, and then alternate, running “on” for 3 mins, then ”off“ for 3 mins. They ran for 12 hours in that setting and had a little more than a 1/4 battery life left.

I have horribly cold feet. Obviously the first issue is to insure you are not lacing your boots so tight you limit blood flow to your feet. But if that’s not an issue and you have insulated boots and are still getting cold feet, these socks are money. I wore them elk hunting for 5 days and then 6 days Mtn goat hunting. They are amazing.

JDMBEND

Lil-Rokslider
Bringing this thread up. Finally a have pair of boots that fit that are not insulated. Have a November hunt in Montana coming up. Lots of hiking and glassing. Any new heated sock recommendations?

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I agree completely with Theringworm buy the Lenz socks and get the 1800 battery. I am not sure what the cell service will be like on your hunt but it is much easier to run the socks off the phone app. I have used the socks many years for deer stand hunting and steelhead fishing in the winter. They have been bulletproof and extremely warm. One of the best purchases I have ever made. Now I have a basement full of cold weather boots I hardly ever use.