Best glass for coyote hunting

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
A great hunting magnification range for coyotes is that 3-15x, 4-16x or something similar. This will allow you to have a wide enough field of view at the lower powers for up close shots, but still offer plenty of magnification for reaching out if you need to!

It also depends on the terrain your hunting in. If you are hunting huge prairies or something similar, a 6-24x range could be beneficial. A lot of this will come down to personal preference as well. I really like a wide field of view for hunting optics, so I tend to go with less power.

You asking for binos or rifle scopes?

I use 8x binos for all my hunting and love the extra FOV they provide. I spotted my last coyote at 820 yards with my 8x ELs and then got behind the rifle and shot him with my scope no higher than 16x.

I really like 6-24x scopes for general use but I find a 3-15x or 4-16x is every bit as useful since I usually shoot animals around 14-16x anyway at long range.

BluMtn

WKR
I have said this in another question.

A coyote is a coyote. All I need to do is see it and shoot it. These work great for that use.

Honyock

WKR
I have said this in another question.

A coyote is a coyote. All I need to do is see it and shoot it. These work great for that use.
I have the same PA prism scope on my AR and I really like it. For the money it can't be beat.

Cervid

FNG
Haven't been coyote hunting much, but I did call in one to about 15 yards in timber, and my 4x scope was way too much magnification. I now use a 1-6x.