Best Game Bag Setup

Elkangle

WKR
Bone in... viam

Bone out...grawkshaw

5-6 bags

I also like having a clean heavy breathable type bag at the truck to swap out the super light ones that might be dirty from the pack out or blood or what ever

dtrkyman

WKR
Pillow cases, best probably not, but they work and are cheap. Mine get taken from clients a lot so I don't mind donating cheapos!

ljalberta

WKR
There are plenty of goods options these days. I prefer a full set of the TAG BOMB bags for elk if I’m boning out the meat. If I’m taking full quarters. I’ll use 4 TAG elk quarter bags with a couple smaller bags for the remaining meat.

ianpadron

WKR
The new KUIU boned-out duffle style game bags are a gamechanger. I thought they were all created equal until I saw my buddy using them last September. Under absolutely no circumstance will a properly filled KUIU bag end up as a meat ball on your low back. Perfect shape for external framed packs with meat shelves. I can get a whole boned out muley in 2 of the Large bags FYI

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
For backpack hunts I've had really good luck with the TAG boned out bags. They keep their shape really well and are one of the lighter option available. The only small complaint I have is they are narrow enough that it can be a little difficult getting the larger rear quarter pieces in if you're doing it alone, but it's worth the trouble for how well they hold shape and the weight.

If I'm not backpack hunting or if I'm hunting with horses I prefer to keep the meat on the bone and use larger Tag or Caribou gear bags.

The KUIU bags do look convenient to load but they look really small. Even the large size is only 23"x11"x8". It would take a lot of those for an elk (at least 7 or 8 I would think?) and they're nearly twice the weight of a larger TAG boned out bag.

Here is a TAG with a boned out rear elk quarter.
57fSstY.jpg

Loaded on my back
bbE4hVO.jpg

tciprick

FNG
Not my favorite bags, but the mystery ranch bags are sweet if you have a mystery ranch pack. They have tabs to slide Iverson eachother and keep things from shifting around

Kuiu boned out meat bags (4 Large, 2 Medium) w/ a Kifaru meat sack is more than enough for elk. I don't mind the weight penalty because they pack so easily into an internal frame pack. The handles are plenty strong to hang them up with minimal fuss. Also have some Tag quarter bags I keep in the truck usually. I almost always do boned out on elk, so the big Tag bags are tougher to balance the weight in. They are nice though, would use them or the Kuiu quarter bags if planning on bone in.

Brooks051

Lil-Rokslider
the Marsupial bags are the best. you can buy individually or in deer/elk kits.