Best DIY wind screen for mirco camp stoves

TauPhi111

WKR
What is the best way to make a wind screen for the mini camp stoves that just screw onto a fuel canister. This year I'll be running a BRS-3000 25g stove on a fuel canister with a 550 ml Toaks pot, and I'd like to fashion some kind of wind screen for it so I don't waste so much fuel if it is windy. Preferably this would be something that could fold/roll up and fit inside my pot with the fuel canister and stove and lighter.

Now that I'm thinking of it, has anyone tried to make a heat exchanger like on the bottom of a jet boil cup?

Thanks!

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve made one out of aluminum cans. If you search YouTube I watched a video to make it. Basically open it up so it’s flat and the fold over the end. Then do the same thing on another one so they can hook together. You can hook as many as you want. Roll it up tight enough to fit inside your pot/mug.

I honestly don’t bother using mine except the odd time, but if I do I just prop it up on the side the wind is coming from so it doesn’t add a bunch of extra heat near the fuel canister. Careful while making it, aluminum cans can be really sharp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
some plain old aluminum foil triple thick will work and it takes a beating too.

want to get fancy find a disposable turkey roasting pan and cut it up.

Empty Mt House containers..trash at the end of the trip, and fill with your daily garbage along the way, that and build rock cairns (enclosures) for the stove at each campsites...takes a few minutes but between the Mt House containers and rock cairns I never had an issue boiling water quickly with a MSR Pocket Rocket.